The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1/2 vs. G1 buffer and write speed

Z

Ziggie

I wonder if anyone with hands-on experience with both the Panasonic G1 and Olympus E-P1(or 2) can comment on which camera performs better in the "RAW-shooting-buffer-and-write-speed" category. I have the G1 and am looking hard at the E-P2. The G1 sometimes leaves me waiting as far as this is concerned. I have the Olympus E3 and am used to its buffer. I know it's not a fair comparison but I still wish the G1 buffer/write speed was more impressive. A faster card may improve performance. Still I wonder if the Pen is more responsive than the G1 in this respect. Anyone with first hand experience?

Best regards,
Ziggie

ecsh

I got a class 10, 8gb card from Panasonic, and it still only gets 7 raw images before it stops, thats in the GF1. You would think if it was going to be better, this combo would show it.