The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro four/thirds bargains

vincechu

Hi everyone! :thumbup:

Just thought that I'd start a thread in which we could all help each other by posting information about m4/3rd gear at low prices - as we all know camera equipment is so expensive these days, especially the m4/3rds gear. :(

Hope everyone finds it useful :salute:

Vince

K

klythawk

Just waiting to see a 20mm / F1.7 going cheap. :D

Only bought a 45-200 a couple of weeks ago, could have saved £50. :(

photoSmart42

I'm starting to see the 20mm/1.7 go for around $350, which is beginning to sound reasonable. The GH1 with kit lens is closing in on $1000 as well (bought one 'used' for $1000, but it looks and feels NIB). Check out Bing.com - they're still offering cashback on a bunch of online stores, including eBay, so that's another way to save a little here and there.

vincechu

Regarding a 14-140mm kit lense if you search ebay you should be able to get one in the range of £480-£550GBP (approx $775USD-$890) + shipping from Tai Wan, the US and Japan.

Which is really tempting especially as they go for about £649-700 in the UK

RichA

Hi everyone! :thumbup:

Just thought that I'd start a thread in which we could all help each other by posting information about m4/3rd gear at low prices - as we all know camera equipment is so expensive these days, especially the m4/3rds gear. :(

Hope everyone finds it useful :salute:

Vince
There are no micro 4/3rd bargains. In Toronto, used E-P1, body only. $699.00 Can. Next to it, a used E-520 in mint condition with a 14-42mm lens...$299 Can. Guess which is the bargain?

wjlapier

Bargains for me are used 14-45 and 45-200 which both usually go for $250 a piece. I've seen the 14-140 recently for less than $700 used.

slau

In our local camera store, there is one mint 45-200 for $250 CAD. A very good price if you want one.

M

meilicke

I'm starting to see the 20mm/1.7 go for around $350, which is beginning to sound reasonable. The GH1 with kit lens is closing in on $1000 as well (bought one 'used' for $1000, but it looks and feels NIB). Check out Bing.com - they're still offering cashback on a bunch of online stores, including eBay, so that's another way to save a little here and there.
Where did you buy yours? The cheapest I have seen on the bay is $1300 (new). Even used I did not see any going below this with the kit lens.

-Scott

photoSmart42

Where did you buy yours? The cheapest I have seen on the bay is $1300 (new). Even used I did not see any going below this with the kit lens.

-Scott
I bought my GH1 off a private seller on another forum. I've been forum bargain hunting for the past couple of months, and got lucky. I was going to buy a G1 w/o lens for $350, and the 20mm/1.7 lens by itself for another $350, but when this deal came along (it started higher than $1000, but I was able to negotiate down to that) it simply made more sense to get the GH1+14-140 for a bit more. I'll get the 20mm lens later.

So lesson learned - shop on photo enthusiast forums as well, but do your best to ensure you're buying from a trusted buyer, and use PayPal as added safety.

R

rachp

Dell has the GH-1 with 14-140mm lens for $1,248. Most people will be charged tax but you can offset that with a Bing discount or a Dell coupon most of the time.

Dell does not have it listed in their cameras but if you do a search on Dell, it will show up. They are out of stock now :(

T

tripper

For UK buyers I just bought a 20mm f/1.7 from Jacobs Digital for £249.95, 1st time I have seen it below £300.00

tripper

K

klythawk

Decided to get the GF1/20mm kit from Jacobs instead of buying online. Found the cheapest online price £30 less than Jacobs, but with a 8gb card thrown in at Jacobs it evened it out. Also got a 3 year warranty instead of 2 years online, price paid £660 so quite happy. ;)

JCT

The GH1 + 14-140 prices at the big NYC vendors have recently slipped to the $1250 (adorama) to $1299 (J&R, B&H) range.

Sigh-- here I went with the cheapest possible option (G1) because I wasn't sure that I would like the m4/3 -- of course, I love the darn thing and after having taken some videos with my kids TS1 on a recent trip am now pining for a GH1.

Just endless.

JT