Site Sponsors

Thread: Micro four/thirds bargains

Post Thanks / Like

Micro four/thirds bargains

Hi everyone!

Just thought that I'd start a thread in which we could all help each other by posting information about m4/3rd gear at low prices - as we all know camera equipment is so expensive these days, especially the m4/3rds gear.

Hope everyone finds it useful

Vince

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Micro four/thirds bargains

Heres a good deal I've found on a ebay uk shop - £669.99 (approx $1100USD for an E-P1 with VF, 17mm and 14-42mm lense.) Everyone else in uk seems to have this for £100 more

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270501317055&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Post Thanks / Like

Pansonic G Vario 45-200mm lense at £199 GBP (approx $325 USD) everywhere else sells this for about £249.99-£299.99.

It's a UK chain shop and I'm not sure if they ship abroad though.

http://www.jacobsdigital.co.uk/index...oduct_id=31539

klythawk

Just waiting to see a 20mm / F1.7 going cheap.

Only bought a 45-200 a couple of weeks ago, could have saved £50.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to see the 20mm/1.7 go for around $350, which is beginning to sound reasonable. The GH1 with kit lens is closing in on $1000 as well (bought one 'used' for $1000, but it looks and feels NIB). Check out Bing.com - they're still offering cashback on a bunch of online stores, including eBay, so that's another way to save a little here and there.

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding a 14-140mm kit lense if you search ebay you should be able to get one in the range of £480-£550GBP (approx $775USD-$890) + shipping from Tai Wan, the US and Japan.

Which is really tempting especially as they go for about £649-700 in the UK

Post Thanks / Like

This source is selling the 45-200 for 385C$. I got mine from them for 335C$ when I bought my G1 from them for 615C$ with free shipping.

http://stores.shop.ebay.ca/Prodigita...34Q2ec0Q2em322
    Panasonic G1 & GF1 bodies, Panasonic 14-45, 45-200mm, various Minolta, Pentax, Canon FD, M39 & M42 mount lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vincechu View Post
    Hi everyone!

Just thought that I'd start a thread in which we could all help each other by posting information about m4/3rd gear at low prices - as we all know camera equipment is so expensive these days, especially the m4/3rds gear.

Hope everyone finds it useful

Vince
    There are no micro 4/3rd bargains. In Toronto, used E-P1, body only. $699.00 Can. Next to it, a used E-520 in mint condition with a 14-42mm lens...$299 Can. Guess which is the bargain?

Post Thanks / Like

Bargains for me are used 14-45 and 45-200 which both usually go for $250 a piece. I've seen the 14-140 recently for less than $700 used.

Post Thanks / Like

In our local camera store, there is one mint 45-200 for $250 CAD. A very good price if you want one.
    Stephen Lau
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    http://www.pbase.com/stephenl

meilicke

Quote Originally Posted by photoSmart42 View Post
    I'm starting to see the 20mm/1.7 go for around $350, which is beginning to sound reasonable. The GH1 with kit lens is closing in on $1000 as well (bought one 'used' for $1000, but it looks and feels NIB). Check out Bing.com - they're still offering cashback on a bunch of online stores, including eBay, so that's another way to save a little here and there.
    Where did you buy yours? The cheapest I have seen on the bay is $1300 (new). Even used I did not see any going below this with the kit lens.

-Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

http://www.mathersoflancashire.co.uk/page55.html

I had mine shipped over from the UK to the Netherlands. Sharp price and great service!
    "You live and learn; at any rate you live" (Douglas Adams)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meilicke View Post
    Where did you buy yours? The cheapest I have seen on the bay is $1300 (new). Even used I did not see any going below this with the kit lens.

-Scott
    I bought my GH1 off a private seller on another forum. I've been forum bargain hunting for the past couple of months, and got lucky. I was going to buy a G1 w/o lens for $350, and the 20mm/1.7 lens by itself for another $350, but when this deal came along (it started higher than $1000, but I was able to negotiate down to that) it simply made more sense to get the GH1+14-140 for a bit more. I'll get the 20mm lens later.

So lesson learned - shop on photo enthusiast forums as well, but do your best to ensure you're buying from a trusted buyer, and use PayPal as added safety.

rachp

Dell has the GH-1 with 14-140mm lens for $1,248. Most people will be charged tax but you can offset that with a Bing discount or a Dell coupon most of the time.

Dell does not have it listed in their cameras but if you do a search on Dell, it will show up. They are out of stock now

tripper

For UK buyers I just bought a 20mm f/1.7 from Jacobs Digital for £249.95, 1st time I have seen it below £300.00

tripper

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tripper,

Seems like Jacobs is the cheapest place around for the Panny m4/3rds lenses, as mentioned earlier they do the 45-200mm for £199.99, cheapest I've seen - new in the uk.

Jacobs digital link:

http://www.jacobsdigital.co.uk/

klythawk

Decided to get the GF1/20mm kit from Jacobs instead of buying online. Found the cheapest online price £30 less than Jacobs, but with a 8gb card thrown in at Jacobs it evened it out. Also got a 3 year warranty instead of 2 years online, price paid £660 so quite happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a refurbished E-P1 14-42 kit from BH for $599.99 a week or two ago. Not a steal, but pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The GH1 + 14-140 prices at the big NYC vendors have recently slipped to the $1250 (adorama) to $1299 (J&R, B&H) range.

Sigh-- here I went with the cheapest possible option (G1) because I wasn't sure that I would like the m4/3 -- of course, I love the darn thing and after having taken some videos with my kids TS1 on a recent trip am now pining for a GH1.

Just endless.

JT

Post Thanks / Like

Aden Camera in Toronto has the GF1 & 20mm kit on sale for $999.99CDN.

I was wanting to pick one up before the holidays elsewhere (Henry's/Vistek) but they were all sold out by the time I was able to purchase one just after boxing day. I ended up getting mine from Aden earlier this week.

Now I just have to wait for my Nikon adapter to arrive in the mail. For now, I've just been playing with the 20mm and my c mount adapter.

I would really like to see or find some good deals on the 14-45mm and 45-200mm lenses. I know that I am eagerly awaiting the newly announced Olympus 7-14mm lens in the spring. It is supposed to be $600 or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Paid $769USD for the Panasonic 14-140mm shipped, from Monza (Robert) on these forums, lens brand new from a GH-1 Kit, can't wait for it to arrive.

$769 might sound really expensive, but it converts to £480 GBP (I'm in the UK, and we pay around £649GBP-£700GBP for them new - Can't wait for it to arrive

If you're looking for a good deal talk to him and he'll see what he can do for you - he's really helpful and patient. btw i believe he's from Precision Camera - an official Panasonic stockist, so rest assured that you'll get the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Micro four/thirds bargains

Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    The GH1 + 14-140 prices at the big NYC vendors have recently slipped to the $1250 (adorama) to $1299 (J&R, B&H) range.

Sigh-- here I went with the cheapest possible option (G1) because I wasn't sure that I would like the m4/3 -- of course, I love the darn thing and after having taken some videos with my kids TS1 on a recent trip am now pining for a GH1.

Just endless.

JT
    Hi JCT, heard rumours that the GH-1 is being made available body only, if it's true it might save you money as it seems the 14-140mm plays a big part in the massive cost of the GH-1 kit. But then you'd have to consider if it's worth not having the 14-140mm lens, as it's made with a silent motor specifically for videos and I guess the zoom on it is convenient.

I also went for the cheapeast option - the G1 and I'm regretting, I wish I bought the GH1 from the start as I could have afforded it back then... but now I'll have to make due with the 14-140mm lens + G1 for now now.

Time for me to save up for the GH-1 Body

Post Thanks / Like

On the E-P1 side of things:

1. I've found a listing on Ebay from a business seller:

New E-P1 + 14-42mm + 17mm + VF-1 with Olympus warranty:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MEWAX:VRI

Price is £669.99 GBP - For what you're getting I think its a good price - in the UK you pay around £580GBP for a E-P1 with only the 14-42, so adding £90GBP to get the 17mm + VF-1 seems a good buy. As it'll probably set you back £300GBP+ for the 17mm and VF-1 seperately.

2. I heard Olympus are giving away free flashes (FL-14) with purchases of the E-P1, but this might be Europe only, and I think this offer ends mid/late Jan, might be worth googling it.

jglover

Quote Originally Posted by brianb032 View Post
    I saw a refurbished E-P1 14-42 kit from BH for $599.99 a week or two ago. Not a steal, but pretty close.
    I bought it. It was a toss up between the refurbished kit with a 90 day warranty or a used E-P1/14-42 kit for $570. It was in excellent shape and is now my commuting camera.....fits great in my Domke Reporter Satchel and is about half the wieght of my Pentax DSLR I used to carry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmcmillan View Post

I would really like to see or find some good deals on the 14-45mm and 45-200mm lenses. I know that I am eagerly awaiting the newly announced Olympus 7-14mm lens in the spring. It is supposed to be $600 or so.
    I think you are referring to the Oly 9-18mm lens for m4/3 that should be (hopefully) released in late 1Q 2010:

http://43rumors.com/ft4-olympus-9-18...will-cost-600/

I am curious to see how it stacks up against the $1100 Panny 7-14mm. Having said that, I love the Panny 7-14mm (can't get over how small it is, especially compared to my Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8) and it has earned a permanent place in my travel bag...

klythawk

Paid $769USD for the Panasonic 14-140mm shipped, from Monza (Robert) on these forums, lens brand new from a GH-1 Kit, can't wait for it to arrive.

$769 might sound really expensive, but it converts to £480 GBP (I'm in the UK, and we pay around £649GBP-£700GBP for them new - Can't wait for it to arrive

If you're looking for a good deal talk to him and he'll see what he can do for you - he's really helpful and patient. btw i believe he's from Precision Camera - an official Panasonic stockist, so rest assured that you'll get the real deal.
    Thanks for the heads up Vince, thats a terrific saving on rip off UK prices. Hope your lens arrives quickly and safely.

Post Thanks / Like

Roel,

Yes, I did mean that lens. I had originally read the announcement when it first came out. I kind of got mixed up about what the exact focal length was going to be while writing my original message.

I am also on the fence about buying myself a 14-24mm Nikon for my FX Nikon kit. It seems like such a wonderful lens sharpness and image quality wise, it's just hard to get over that price and have it be a G lens and not being able to easily use filters on it. I really like to be able to use any of my FX lenses on film bodies and motion picture cameras since I have access to some 35mm motion picture cameras at my work and shoot the odd thing with them.

Also, I have AF & MF Primes in Nikon mount already that cover the focal length of the 14-24, and most of them are f2.8 already. 20mm f2.8 AF, 24mm f2.8 AF, 38mm Nikon f2.8 AF, 14mm Sigma f2.8 AF, 15mm f3.5 Nikon MF, 18mm Nikon f4.0 MF, 20mm f3.5 Nikon MF, and I think some older slower 24 & 28mm Nikon MF lenses too.

I am amazed at the overall size of the Panasonic 7-14mm. I saw some shots here showing it next to a 14-45mm and it wasn't that much bigger, even with the lens cover on the 7-14mm. Certainly something that I'll probably pickup if I see a good deal before the Olympus 9-18mm comes out.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Roel View Post
    I think you are referring to the Oly 9-18mm lens for m4/3 that should be (hopefully) released in late 1Q 2010:

http://43rumors.com/ft4-olympus-9-18...will-cost-600/

I am curious to see how it stacks up against the $1100 Panny 7-14mm. Having said that, I love the Panny 7-14mm (can't get over how small it is, especially compared to my Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8) and it has earned a permanent place in my travel bag...

tripper

UK NEW £384.00 for G1 + 14-45mm kit Lens. (includes £30.00 cashback) until 31/01/2010

See here http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch....FZ1h4wodzDTMJA

I used this company to purchase my GF1 and received great service and next day delivery.

tripper

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen any good offers for the Panasonic 20mm f1.7 lens?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Micro four/thirds bargains

EP2 with 17mm + EVF for $1099USD - seems to be cheaper than the going rate of $1299USD

*USA version but has international warranty!*

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Olympus-E-...item27addbfae7

Approximately 760 euros or £680GBP for those in the UK. Shippings not included and it might be worth asking about their customs declaration policy.

For those in the UK i think its a good price because we pay £650GBP for the EP1 with the 17mm and the optical viewfinder, not to mention the E-P2 isnt even out yet.

However for around £700GBP in the UK you can get the EP1 + optical VF + 17mm and the 14-42mm.

klythawk

UK. New Panasonic Lumix GF1 body only £349...... see here

Thats approx £100 cheaper than the competition.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone bid quick, a Panasonic 14-140mm Lens, used but mint on ebay, at time of writing the price is £195GBP ($315USD), ask for international shipping costs and has 2days 20hrs left, I don't think they'll be too many more bidders because the seller hasn't named the lens "14-140mm" in listing title, so it wont come up on searches on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-Leic...item3a56fdd77e

duckrider

not really a bargain, but the price for the Panasonic 7-14mm decreasing:
    I was looking for that lens in Germany since some months:
    From 1200.- Euros to about 1030.- Euros.

Hey You in the UK & US: don't laugh out loud, prices in Germany for Photequipment are much higher than in Your countries

good light
    Thomas

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hey everyone bid quick, a Panasonic 14-140mm Lens, used but mint on ebay, at time of writing the price is £195GBP ($315USD), ask for international shipping costs and has 2days 20hrs left, I don't think they'll be too many more bidders because the seller hasn't named the lens "14-140mm" in listing title, so it wont come up on searches on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-Leic...item3a56fdd77e
    The price will easily double within the last couple of minutes. There have already been 7 bids on it from 4 different bidders.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter: I guess you're right, i didn't think to look at the bidding history

GH1 Body Only - In Gold but Japanese menus, The price is listed at $550AUD which is $490USD or £305.10GBP. I think its a bargain because in the UK you pay £600-£650 for a GH1 body only - HALF PRICE!? lol But as long as you can put up with the Japanese menus - go online and download the GH1 manual in your language?):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-PANASONIC-...item35a6b544fd

Personally i don't like the gold lol

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

Shogun Camera has the new Kipon Contax G to M43 adapter for $118 USD right now. This is the "geared" adapter that should make focusing much more pleasant.

Also, Contax G glass is still crazy cheap if you check local camera stores or even KEH.

I was able to pickup a 90mm f/2.8 from KEH for $90 in LN condition. I also got a ridiculous deal on the 45/2, but that looks to be running around $200-300 on evilbay.

Anyway, here's the link to the adapter:

http://www.shoguncamera.com/products...29,181&id=2275

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I bought my Panasonic 45-200mm lens of these guys. Fast shipping and good price. They de-bundle stuff from kits which is why some stuff is pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter: I guess you're right, i didn't think to look at the bidding history

GH1 Body Only - In Gold but Japanese menus, The price is listed at $550AUD which is $490USD or £305.10GBP. I think its a bargain because in the UK you pay £600-£650 for a GH1 body only - HALF PRICE!? lol But as long as you can put up with the Japanese menus - go online and download the GH1 manual in your language?):

Wow, I'm tempted! I would think you could simply use screenshots of the US menus. It's not like you're constantly changing a lot of stuff. SOMEBODY needs to figure out an unlock for the menu system That would rule.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lattiboy View Post
    Wow, I'm tempted! I would think you could simply use screenshots of the US menus. It's not like you're constantly changing a lot of stuff. SOMEBODY needs to figure out an unlock for the menu system That would rule.
    Not only that, but most of the menu items are pictographs, numbers, and symbols anyway, which are universal. So there's really only a few settings that you need to set initially with a translation card, then you're set. There are a few forums with links to translated GH1 menus. I toyed around with getting a Japanese version GH1 until I got a great deal on a used one.

klythawk

Anyone in the U.K. looking for a cheap battery that works with latest firmware look here

John.

Post Thanks / Like

The term "bargain" is relative - hard to be objective. To my thinking, a genuine bargain is at least 50% off original retail price, and I mean at least. It'll take a few more generations of m4/3rds gear to be released before we start to see the current crop descend into genuine bargain status. True bargains can be found in early Canon dSLRs that are pushing 7~8 years old, for example - incredible bang-for-buck for bargain-hunters.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone this is a four thirds lense, a used Panasonic Leica 14-50mm 2.5-3.5 on an auction in the US:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Panasonic-Lumi...item2eabada9fb

The price is $300 USD (£200GBP) in the UK it sells for £900GBP and from what i've seen on ebay $1500 USD, so if you can land this then it'll be a great buy ;-)

At the time of writing there's not a single bid but 4days 11hrs left on it though.

It seems used/seperated gear from kits is the best way to go.
    Vince