The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 doesn't AF in Manual Mode

Rawfa

Hi,

I've just received my E-P1 with the 17mm and I've found out something weird. It won't auto focus when the camera is set to Manual Mode, Priority Mode or Aperture Mode and I select C-AF or S-AF. It's really weird because when I set it to Auto Mode, Art or Scene the AF works perfectly. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Rafa

Terry

What mode have you set for the AE/AF lock button? Could the camera be looking for you to focus using that button? However this doesn't explain P mode.

Rawfa

I had everything configured the way I like it but I just decided to resolve this the fastest way...I've reseted all settings to the camera's originals. The AF now works on Manual Mode...BTW, I'm loving the little 17mm! (too bad the weather is so awefull here in Portugal).

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Rafa,
It shouldn't matter what exposure mode you are in.
Check your AF settings. Maybe you are in MF.
I have the AF to the button with the 17 & finder and on the shutter without a finder.

Rawfa

Sorry, guys. My post was not very clear. AF now works on all modes. I simply reseted the camera back to it's factory settings.