Site Sponsors

Thread: 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter

Post Thanks / Like

4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter

I'm cheking out some 4/3 lenses that I would like to use on my E-P1 and I've seen several adapters that allow for AF/metering/etc compatibility between 4/3 and micro 4/3. The least expensive one being the Panasonic DMW-MA1. Is there another less expensive brand that allows this? To sum up I'd like to be able to use Oly 40-150mm and the 50mm f2.0 on the E-P1 and I want them to be able to AF/meter/etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 4/3 to micro 4/3 adapter

There are 2--the MA-1 by Panasonic and the Oly one whose model number I don't know. They are, for all intents and purposes, identical and only different in appearances/color. I understand the MA-1 is the least expensive--its the one I own but both will work identically on the Panasonic and Olympus bodies.

Check here for compatibility--some lenses only work as you want on the EP-1/2.
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...onnect/g1.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Diane. what is your experience with these adapters? What is the AF performance like?

Post Thanks / Like

I only use the MA-1 for 3 lenses---the Oly 9-18--where the AF is slower than any of the Panny lenses but I knew that (and not particularly annoyingly slow--but a bit noisy--actually 'buzzy' like the Canon 35/2)--and its fine on a WA zoom for me; the Konica 40 f/1.8 (MF lens); and the 4/3rd mount Lensbaby Composer--MF lens also. I haven't bought any other Oly lens that requires the adaptor. I don't think the AF is dependent upon the adaptor--but rather the compatibility with the Panasonic m4/3rds bodies. IF I'm wrong, someone else can correct me.

Diane