The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

kata dhp-485 for the E-P1?

Rawfa

I was wondering through a photo store here in Portugal and I've bumped into a little bag from Kata that seems almost perfect for the E-P1. Has anyone tried the kata dhp-485? I'm almost fully convinced you can fit the E-P1 with the 17mm or the 20mm on the main pocket and then the collapsible Oly 14-42mm in the front pocket. Did anyone try this? It’s pretty cheap too.

Rawfa

Actually I'm planning to use it differently from the way they are doing it on the picture. I've held it in my hand and opened the back pocket (the one where they show the sun glasses inside) and put it against an E-P1 with the 17mm and I could swear it will fit. Then I held it against the 14-42mm with the front pocket open (the one where they show the small camera inside) and I think it might fit (tight, I grant you that). I'm going to speak to the clerk to see if they let me try it before buying it. If it all fits it could be just perfect. It's sooo compact. I'll keep you guys posted.

Rawfa

I have just tried it and I'll be returning it tomorrow. the E-P1 with the 17mm fit tightly, and collapsible Oly 14-42mm fits on the front pocket...BUT both don't fit at the same time. I've also found out that there is absolutely no back padding.