The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

17mm first tests

Rawfa

Let me just say I LOVE this little lens. I have yet to try the 20mm but so far I cannot seem to take the 17mm out of the E-P1. Here are my first tests (some eccentric self portraits while everybody else was asleep):

T

thearne3

Cool shots, Rafa!

What was the light source in 4 & 5 - interesting specular highlights in you eyes.

I'm still hoping/praying that there will be enough people selling the 17mm (after getting the 20mm for Xmas) to bring the used price down below $200US.

Your shots make it harder to wait!

Best,
Tom

Last edited:

Rawfa

Thanks Tom. The light source on 4 and 5 were a variation of a venetian blind.

BTW, I love your reason for editing the post . "Last edited by thearne3; Today at 20:17. Reason: Trying to get Rafa's name right!" hahaha ;-)

T

thearne3

Yeah, I first used your member name, then noticed your signature... a little slow, but I try to get there eventually. The specular reflection looked like some kind of strange flash snoot - interesting effect overall.

I see you added some doggy shots in a separate post...keep those 17mm shots coming!

Tom