The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Your Top m4/3 Picture of 2009

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Uwe -
I love the texture blends in your top 10. Would love to learn more about the techniques. I assume using layers and blending in Photoshop?

Mike - I went to your website and there are so many really interesting "shots" you should post more often! love the one you posted on this thread.
Thanks, I will try to be more active this year. I have been mostly posting in the Bokeh and Blends threads.

Mike

ustein

Contributing Editor
This is the shot of mine that I think pleases me the most. Not the best technically, not a lot of Wow factor but just because the G1 and 45-200mm kit lens are not at all suited to 'birding' I just got lucky and caught this Sedge Warbler singing his little heart out. :)

G1 & 45-200mm f/4-5.6 @ 200mm f/6.3 1/400s iso100

tripper
Very fine bird shot. Especially the background is not in the way.

JBurnett

Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?

Perhaps not my best photo, but the one that seems to tickle my fancy every time I look at it. Comments from other viewers have included "there's a very sensual pepper in there", and "I keep seeing faces, including the face of a guy who owes me money from years ago." :)

(G1 + Canon FD 50mm f/1.4, shot handheld at 1/200s, f/5.6)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?

Perhaps not my best photo, but the one that seems to tickle my fancy every time I look at it. Comments from other viewers have included "there's a very sensual pepper in there", and "I keep seeing faces, including the face of a guy who owes me money from years ago." :)

(G1 + Canon FD 50mm f/1.4, shot handheld at 1/200s, f/5.6)
There is more than one very sensual pepper in there - don't see too many faces :deadhorse:

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

I like the perspective too!

Was this taken with the Panny 7-14mm lens?
Thank you bensonga!
This was done with the G1 Kitlens at 14 mm. Great lens.
Love to have the 7-14 mm, but it has to wait. It is not so much a priority for me because I don't shoot that wide so much and I have the Oly 9-18 mm.
All the best, Michiel

W

wbrandsma

I played a bit with a GH1/7-14mm combo and a GF1/20mm last year and this is the one that sums the GF1/20mm up for me.

Jonas

Here is my picture...
(G1 with Panaleica 14-150)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3574/3447980001_13e18f7b09_o.jpg[/img[/QUOTE]

Karl, I very well remember this image from when you posted it the first time (and I think there was a second version of it as well, no?). Seeing the image now again I once again think it's great. Well done!

scho

Hi scho,

Happy New Year! I remember this image rather distinctly when you originally posted in this Forum. It is a lovely image, indeed! Best wishes for the New Year! Leica 77.
Thank you Leica77 and Happy New Year to you as well.

W

wbrandsma

Lovely lighting, Wouter. How do you rate the GF1 against the compact Ricohs for your kind of shooting style?

Keith
I found the GF1 with the 20mm (and a 40mm Voigtländer VF) a joy to use. The quite normal perspective of the 40mm with the fast and responsive camera is absolutely great in my opinion. Together with the Ricoh GRDIII and a Leica M8 I rate it to the best cameras I have used in 2009. It would suite my style very well, Keith.