The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vote for your favourite Micro 4/3rds lens!

Which is your favourite micro four thirds lens?

• Total voters

Terry

I've seen the roadmap with the 8mm, 9-18, 12 or 14mm prime and 14-150. Where are you seeing information of the 70-300 or the 50 macro on the lens roadmap?

Terry

I've seen that. I must have blanked out about those two lenses. I'm happy right now with the 45 macro. Don't think I'm going to get the Panny 100-300 so the 70-300 probably won't have a lot of interest for me either.

Diane B

The problem with that road map: it is a up to a year and a half away...
That has been my issue with Olympus for a good long while. They lost me in late 2001--I had an E10, wanted an interchangeable lens DSLR--gave up after the wood mockups appeared repeatedly and moved to Canon with the D60 and D30 in early 2002. There's a possibility I would still be an Olympus shooter otherwise (altho' I might have moved to the 5D anyhow as I did want a 35mm FF, but it would have depended upon my investment in Olympus lenses). I never looked at it again until m4/3rds--and that was because of the Panasonic G1.

I won't rule out an Olympus body, and certainly not lenses (as I own 2--the 17 f/2.8 and Oly 9-18) in the future, but if they tarry too much, my needs will all be met by Panasonic offerings (and MF lenses).

Diane

V

Vivek

I agree. Only after retiring the wretched 20mm lens to do only Macros (reversed) and going back to real manual focus lenses I realized that I lost several weeks shooting.

Brian Mosley

Different strokes folks ;) That's why I don't stress the AF speed, it's pretty much equally slow on either body :deadhorse:

Cheers

Brian

Amin

I agree. Only after retiring the wretched 20mm lens to do only Macros (reversed) and going back to real manual focus lenses I realized that I lost several weeks shooting.
Vivek, I wonder if there could be something wrong with your Panasonic 20 or my Olympus 17. I have tested the Olympus 17/2.8 and Panasonic 20/1.7 on my G1, and they take exactly the same amount of time to focus. Both are equally slow. Yet I know that you find the Oly to focus more quickly. One of us probably has a bum copy of one of these lenses.

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
No worries Jonathon, we all have our preferences... let's just remember that the most technologically advanced users here mix and match bodies and lenses to get the best solution regardless of brand. In fact, that's a major strength of the m4/3rds standard - and hopefully if Fuji join the group that will become even stronger.

Cheers

Brian
Agreed -- as I suggested in my earlier post, the moment Olympus (or Fuji, or anyone else) produces an m4/3rds camera or lens that appeals to me, I'll be there with my wallet out.

V

Vivek

Amin, That is a possibility (although I doubt it). Either way it does not bode well for these plastic wonders. Sample variations/sub standard lens quality within 90 odd polled.

AFAIC, I am upset about the lost time on the over hyped piece of plastic than the money I downed.