Site Sponsors

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite micro four thirds lens?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Panasonic 7-14mm f4.0

15 12.61%
  • Panasonic 14-45mm f3.5-5.6

13 10.92%
  • Panasonic 14-140mm f4.0-5.8

7 5.88%
  • Panasonic 20mm f1.7

69 57.98%
  • Panasonic 45mm f2.8

5 4.20%
  • Panasonic 45-200mm f4.0-5.6

3 2.52%
  • Olympus 14-42mm f3.5-5.6

1 0.84%
  • Olympus 17mm f2.8

6 5.04%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vote for your favourite Micro 4/3rds lens!

Post Thanks / Like

Vote for your favourite Micro 4/3rds lens!

Hi everyone,

After making my other poll (Vote for your favourite micro four thirds camera), I thought it would be only natural to start a poll about the lenses available, so here it is.

Which is your favourite micro four thirds lens?

Perhaps in you could also mention why you like it the most and what you mainly use it for?

Remember it's just for fun

*one vote per person please *

Guess you could call this the GetDPI Forums 2009 Micro four thirds lens awards haha

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vote for your favourite Micro 4/3rds lens!

Lumix 20 - the lens that prompted me to switch completely to 4/3 .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    Lumix 20 - the lens that prompted me to switch completely to 4/3 .
    Hey Amin, don't think your vote went through, make sure you click the vote now button to confirm

I have to vote for the Panasonic 20mm too! I don't own one at the moment but hope to get one in the near future. From what i've seen on the forums, the images it produces are truly spectacular!

Post Thanks / Like

The 20 f/1.7 for now--but I have the 45 f/2.8 coming next week thanks to Monza.

I use it for low light, creative DOF--all purpose. I've been carrying the 20 and a fast MF lens in range of 35-50. I like my little 17 f/2.8 also--had it all summer, but the 20 suits my style better overall.

I can't forget my MF lenses though--I've thoroughly enjoyed using them and will continue to---though they aren't specifically 'm4/3rds' lenses.

Diane

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ok, for me it is the 7-14mm:

This isn't my most used lens, it isn't an all around lens, it isn't fast or slow, it is just a blast to use creatively.

If the other lenses didn't exist, I probably wouldn't have bought into m4/3. We certainly held our collective breath for many months hoping the 20mm would live up to our expectations - which it has and will for sure win this poll but.....I'm still glad I jumped on the 7-14 as soon as it was available.

My current "basic" kit is
    20mm
    45mm macro
    7-14mm
    14-140mm

JJYL430

45-200mm gets my vote

Post Thanks / Like

For now I have to say the 20 1.7, but I do love my 45 2.8, and am looking forward to eventually picking up the 7-14.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vincechu View Post
    Hi everyone,

After making my other poll (Vote for your favourite micro four thirds camera), I thought it would be only natural to start a poll about the lenses available, so here it is.

Which is your favourite micro four thirds lens?

Perhaps in you could also mention why you like it the most and what you mainly use it for?

Remember it's just for fun

*one vote per person please *

Guess you could call this the GetDPI Forums 2009 Micro four thirds lens awards haha
    Honestly, my favorite would be the 7-14mm which I don't own yet but like a lot, but my most-used would likely always be the kit 14-45mm lens. But one lens that has provided me with a lot of use and good results is an adapted 25mm f1.4 Fuji CCTV lens. Outstandingly sharp at f5.6-8, and fast when needed, small, the perfect all round lens.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oly-D 17/2.8 in the AF lenses. This is the fastest focusing prime for the m4/3rds thusfar and easily converts to a 12.75mm lens with a Ricoh GW-1.

Besides all that, it allows for the closest focusing distance of all the AF lenses (barring the Panaleica 45mm lens).

The biggest charm of the m4/3rds is not the lenses made for them but the ability to use virtually any manual focus lenses on the cams. That list is endless.

Post Thanks / Like

That one is easy; the Panasonic G20/1.7 is the only possible candidate. Any lens slower than f/2 is either crap or a complicated pin hole

Post Thanks / Like

Since I only have the two kit lenses, I had to go for the 45-200mm.
    Tullio

Post Thanks / Like

a sad situation, when t' most popular lens (G20/1.7) on auto focussounds like a coffee grinder, and focuses like a wet dish sponge, when on manual focus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Y.B.Hudson III View Post
    a sad situation, when t' most popular lens (G20/1.7) on auto focussounds like a coffee grinder, and focuses like a wet dish sponge, when on manual focus
    Yes, it is sad. OTOH it is joy for others. When I started a thread where I expressed my wish for mechanically (and optically as well) better lenses most seem to agree that more is better than quality.

(Here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12093)

tripper

I am a little reluctant to commit at this time I currently have the two kit lens the 45mm macro and the 20mm f/1.7 and no doubt the 20mm would win at this time but....... I am waiting on the 7-14mm (deposit paid) and the results seen here suggest this will be my choice. So I continue to sit on the fence, one of the few things I do really well.

tripper

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the slightly odd-ball 7-14 because for me it is what made m43 replace my APS-C gear. What a lens! Yeah, it is too expensive new (fortunately I got a deal on a used one on E-bay combined with Bing Cashback) but this kind of lens in this size is just amazing. Truth is I love the 14-45 and 45-200 as well, but it was 7-14 that clinched m43 for me.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwalsh View Post
    I voted for the slightly odd-ball 7-14 because for me it is what made m43 replace my APS-C gear. What a lens! Yeah, it is too expensive new (fortunately I got a deal on a used one on E-bay combined with Bing Cashback) but this kind of lens in this size is just amazing. Truth is I love the 14-45 and 45-200 as well, but it was 7-14 that clinched m43 for me.

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by tripper View Post
    I am a little reluctant to commit at this time I currently have the two kit lens the 45mm macro and the 20mm f/1.7 and no doubt the 20mm would win at this time but....... I am waiting on the 7-14mm (deposit paid) and the results seen here suggest this will be my choice. So I continue to sit on the fence, one of the few things I do really well.

tripper
    I see where you're both coming from, I saw some images from the 7-14mm thread earlier and have to say the they were amazing! Its a shame that it has such an astronomical price, which stops many micro four thirds cameras owners from being able to own one, (you could probably get 3x20mms for that price!)

Now that I've seen what the 7-14mm is capable of, if i had a second chance to vote, i might actually vote for it, lol but i dont

Post Thanks / Like

another vote for the 20mm panny
    as mentioned above it was also one of the main selling factors for picking up a GF1 + 20
    I'm looking forward to the 14/2.8 and perhaps a fast 40-50 non macro in the future.
    am

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well it has to be the 20mm f/1.7. I shoot with that at least 80% of the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The 20mm f/1.7 lens.....but I would love to try/own the 7-14mm lens!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

7-14mm. I don't own it (YET) but it's the next big purchase on my camera "TO BUY" list. Of the stuff I do own I would say that 20mm has best optical quality. The 45mm is unique and excellent in it's own right. the 14-45mm kit lens is the most versative and a good all around lens to have for most situations.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Vote for your favourite Micro 4/3rds lens!

Quote Originally Posted by bensonga View Post
    The 20mm f/1.7 lens.....but I would love to try/own the 7-14mm lens!
    Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    7-14mm. I don't own it (YET) but it's the next big purchase on my camera "TO BUY" list. Of the stuff I do own I would say that 20mm has best optical quality. The 45mm is unique and excellent in it's own right. the 14-45mm kit lens is the most versative and a good all around lens to have for most situations.
    Recently purchased the 14-140mm Panasonic because I'm new to photography and I thought an "all rounder" lense would be a great place to start, but I have to admit I really want the 7-14mm, but it's too expensive So the 20mm f/1.7 lens is next on my to buy list.

On the subject of lenses, today I saw these 2 links, both about future lense developments + releases:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&thread=33872674

http://43rumors.com/ft4-the-future-microfourthirds-lens-list-olympus-is-going-to-produce-a-new-20mm-f1-7-lens/

And have to admit that I'm really interested in the Panasonic 8mm fish eye, although I expect it'll be really expensive, probably only cheaper than the 7-14mm guess i'll have to sticking to photoshop for fisheye for the time being lol, having said that does anyone know of any good fish eye convertor/filters or not too pricey but good fish eye lenses?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Although I have 13 lenses I can use on my G1, I only own one Micro-FourThirds lens. Does that make it my favorite?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the rumor isn't true that Olympus is makig their own 20mm/ That seems counterproductive in advancing the format and like a waste of development. I'd would prefer that they concentrate on the gaps in the lineup before making various versions of existing focal lengths. A better idea would be to make a 35/2 or 55/2 for micro 4/3 mounts.
    Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com

maxpiz

I voted for the 20mm Lumix. It is the lens that made me rediscover the pleasure of photography of the past!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Without a doubt, the 20mm f1.7... m4/3rds is a very new standard, and we can bet that Sony, Canon and probably Nikon will all have MILF offerings in the next couple of years... so I like the fact that the 20mm f1.7 and mZD 14-42 lenses, along with my 4/3rds and fast legacy prime lenses cover my needs extremely well.

In other words, it's a conservative spend system with huge potential to make Photography more serious and more fun at the same time!

Of course, as the competition hots up - I'm hoping that the Lumix 7-14 drops in price to the casual purchase it would be for me...

Cheers

Brian

Mingjai

20mm Lumix for me too. It rarely leaves the camera and never leaves the basic kit. I've found it provides a great angle of view while still allowing for control over depth of field.

Other lenses in the basic kit are ZD 9-18 and a choice of FD 50/1.4 or Hexanon AR 40/1.8. If the 40/1.8 is in the kit, then the ZD 25/2.8 comes along too as it offers a different angle of view vis-a-vis the 20mm Lumix while taking up no more space.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

HI Everyone
    Well, I've voted for the 45mm panaleica. For me, this is what I use most often, and it's a lovely lens with grand bokeh, something that's rather been missing from other 4/3 lenses.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Everyone
    Well, I've voted for the 45mm panaleica. For me, this is what I use most often, and it's a lovely lens with grand bokeh, something that's rather been missing from other 4/3 lenses.
    Interesting that you say that. I just got mine yesterday--and while I don't have a long term usage to make a judgement, I'm now wondering if it won't end up being my favorite after all. Today and yesterday afternoon I've been shooting a lot of just 'close to home' subjects trying to use it for a variety. It could edge out the 20--don't know yet, but I do know that it will always be in my bag--likely on my camera.

The FOV isn't one I used a lot (85-90) with FF--so that surprised me a bit, but I've been shooting quite a lot with my 40 f/1.8 MF and always carry it or similar with my 20. Shooting m4/3rds, for some reason, has changed my choice of FOV a bit.

I concur with you--lovely lens.

Diane

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    Interesting that you say that. I just got mine yesterday--and while I don't have a long term usage to make a judgement, I'm now wondering if it won't end up being my favorite after all. Today and yesterday afternoon I've been shooting a lot of just 'close to home' subjects trying to use it for a variety. It could edge out the 20--don't know yet, but I do know that it will always be in my bag--likely on my camera.

The FOV isn't one I used a lot (85-90) with FF--so that surprised me a bit, but I've been shooting quite a lot with my 40 f/1.8 MF and always carry it or similar with my 20. Shooting m4/3rds, for some reason, has changed my choice of FOV a bit.

I concur with you--lovely lens.
    Ah hah! I see you've caved. ];-)

Yes, the ME45/2.8 is a superb piece. I loved using it when Terry brought her's around for me to try.

It's on my very very short list of "photo equipment stuff I would like to acquire". The fact that I already have the Konica 40/1.8 is what put it a notch lower in priority than getting the ZD 50/2 for my SLR bodies, so that one's on the way and the ME45 will wait for the next round of equipment acquisitions.

Happily I'm in no hurry at all. My equipment kit is so nearly complete and satisfying that I find little need to obsess over what new stuff might be useful.

Subscriber Member Jonathon Delacour's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    I hope the rumor isn't true that Olympus is makig their own 20mm/ That seems counterproductive in advancing the format and like a waste of development. I'd would prefer that they concentrate on the gaps in the lineup before making various versions of existing focal lengths. A better idea would be to make a 35/2 or 55/2 for micro 4/3 mounts.
    The fact that the Olympus lenses have only received 7 votes (so far) out of a total 94 suggests that the technically sophisticated users this forum attracts have overwhelmingly rejected the Olympus offerings. Am I being unfair, when there are only two Olympus lenses to vote for (against six Panasonic lenses)? Let's then compare those two Olympus lenses against their Panasonic rivals:

Olympus 14-42 f3.5-5.6: 1 vote
    Panasonic 14-45 f3.5-5.6: 11 votes

Olympus 17mm f2.8: 6 votes
    Panasonic 20mm f1.7: 54 votes

The favorite m4/3rds camera poll, while not as humiliating for Olympus, shows a strong preference for Panasonic cameras:

Olympus EP-1 and EP-2: 21 votes
    Pansonic G1, GH1, and GF1: 91 votes

The rumored Olympus 20mm lens is hardly a surprise since the Olympus lens road map essentially duplicates the lenses that Panasonic had already promised. The Olympus m4/3rds design and engineering teams have neither courage nor imagination -- rather they are a disgrace to the proud Olympus heritage. Let's hope that Samsung turns out to be a worthier competitor for Panasonic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Well, I just heard a rumour that it's not a 20mm lens, but a 12mm lens due from Olympus - waiting for confirmation, but that would be far more interesting to me than another 14mm lens.

As for brand superiority, one of the things that attracted me to GetDPI in the first place was the lack of brand bashing... hoping that will continue as I've been recommending the forum as an oasis of Photography related chat, rather than brand championship.

Of course, as the forum grows, that may change, but I hope not.

Cheers

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    Well, I just heard a rumour that it's not a 20mm lens, but a 12mm lens due from Olympus - waiting for confirmation, but that would be far more interesting to me than another 14mm lens.
    A 12mm? That would be great. Now rumors are rumors but here is hope.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Delacour View Post
    The fact that the Olympus lenses have only received 7 votes (so far) out of a total 94 suggests that the technically sophisticated users this forum attracts have overwhelmingly rejected the Olympus offerings.

This poll is skewed and unreliable. There is an average of >100 visitors to this forum on any given day and only 94 votes?

The 17/2.8 is technically the most sophisticated of all the m4/3rds AF primes.

I will take the rumored 12mm Oly lens over the 14mm Pana. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Delacour View Post
    The fact that the Olympus lenses have only received 7 votes (so far) out of a total 94 suggests that the technically sophisticated users this forum attracts have overwhelmingly rejected the Olympus offerings. Am I being unfair, when there are only two Olympus lenses to vote for (against six Panasonic lenses)? Let's then compare those two Olympus lenses against their Panasonic rivals:

Olympus 14-42 f3.5-5.6: 1 vote
    Panasonic 14-45 f3.5-5.6: 11 votes

Olympus 17mm f2.8: 6 votes
    Panasonic 20mm f1.7: 54 votes

The favorite m4/3rds camera poll, while not as humiliating for Olympus, shows a strong preference for Panasonic cameras:

Olympus EP-1 and EP-2: 21 votes
    Pansonic G1, GH1, and GF1: 91 votes

The rumored Olympus 20mm lens is hardly a surprise since the Olympus lens road map essentially duplicates the lenses that Panasonic had already promised. The Olympus m4/3rds design and engineering teams have neither courage nor imagination -- rather they are a disgrace to the proud Olympus heritage. Let's hope that Samsung turns out to be a worthier competitor for Panasonic.
    Thats abit harsh... although thats what i thought at first too and guess i still do however in my other poll (Vote for your favourite micro 4/3rds lens), I said this in the other poll:

Quote Originally Posted by vincechu View Post
    Wow looks like Panasonic cameras are wiping the floor with the Olympus ones...
    But then after reading these 2 replies, I wasnt so sure,

Quote Originally Posted by retow View Post
    I interprete it differently. EP1 and EP2 are competing with GF1 and there it's a draw. But there is simply no Oly competition to the G1/GH1.
    The EP1+2 have now overtaken the GF1 - its 21 to 18 respectively now. What retow said is interesting because it perhaps suggests that Oly and Pan. are targetting different markets?

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    However if you read the posts many of the G1/GH1 votes are made by those who also own a GF1 (me for one). Most have said if they had to chose between the two different styles they would stick with the G1/GH1....These same people chose the GF1 over the E-P1/2 in their "compact body" buying decision. So for me, it is really hard to use the poll for any definitive answers. The comments about how people made their choice are more interesting. The poll just invited the commentary.
    What do you think now? These 2 replies really made me think differently, in fact I kind of agree with what you said and these 2 replies all together, although I'm not sure how to explain why

In anycase I think these poll results and the reasons behind peoples choice are most interesting, and the peoples choice part is the main reason i started them.

A final thought:
    These polls show peoples favorite camera and lens but what would polls asking people which ones they actually purchased/owned say? Perhaps it would be a different story?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    This poll is skewed and unreliable. There is an average of >100 visitors to this forum on any given day and only 94 votes? .
    I totally agree, remember both my polls ask for your "favourite" so the results are going to be subject to peoples opinions and biases anyway, however the main reason I started them was to find out why people picked certain cameras/lenses as favourites over others

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The 17/2.8 is technically the most sophisticated of all the m4/3rds AF primes.
    I don't know lens design. What is it about the lens that makes it more sophisticated?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I don't know lens design. What is it about the lens that makes it more sophisticated?
    I know very little of anything.

What I posted here (this forum) thus far on the Oly-D 17/2.8:

1. Ease of AF (at least my sample- nothing has been done to it apart from a cosmetic paint job that makes it look ugly). The rear of the lens gives a clue as to why this is so.

2. Restricted aperture making it f/2.8 while the lens actually may be f/2 or f/1.8 without it.

3. Close focus distance is easily increased (or decreased as some may read it) to 10cm without any modifications. It can even be as close as 4cm.

4. Ease of conversion to a decent 12.75mm wide with a Ricoh GW-1 0.75X converter.

5. Non fluorescing lens: helps with avoiding unpredictable flares and with accurate metering. At higher elevations (higher UV levels) a fluorescent lens will not meter correctly and it will be inconsistent depending on the levels of UV.

In addition it really is an f/2.8 lens. Some lenses may be f/1.8 but would claim to be f/1.7.

That, in my layman's opinion, makes the Oly-D 17/2.8 sophisticated.

Post Thanks / Like

That list gives the word sophisticated a new meaning. (Maybe in Swedish only - language is another of my weak points.)

1: I think a lens with a good focusing scale and well damped ring is sophisticated
    2: A lens possible to open up is somehow more enticing than a resticted one
    3: A macro is a macro, the rest of it is about emergency solutions
    4: It's cool with a 12.75mm lens - good thinking by the Olympus engineers, or another accident?
    5: High UV levels causing that kind of radiation makes me long for oxygen, or a UV filter, or the IR radiation from a bonfire.

In addition I would take an f/1.8 lens any day over an f/2.8, or even a T2.8 one

Really, a lens with sky high CA, never getting critically sharp, lacking a focusing scale and at the same time being a 35mm equivalent to a 35/5.6 doesn't make me think of "sophisticated" at all. The only 4/3 lenses until now that come close may be Panasonic 7-14mm zoom and the Panasonic 45/2.8 Macro.

For the 12mm or 14mm discussion I'm planning to buy the 12mm - be it an Olympus or a Panasonic. That is unless Olympus screws it up as they did with the 17mm.

Lol. I like this - people are very different and it would be nice to meet IRL and discuss lenses and other things over a beer some day.

Vivek - do I recall it right when thinking the Pen FT 42/1.2 can be made to open up to something closer to f/1? Is that correct, and if so, is it an easy operation with no strange side effects?

regards,

/Jonas

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

This poll is skewed and unreliable.
    I suppose as are all internet polls.

This is a Panasonic-centric forum for the most part.

I'm not interested in a 14mm f/2.8 Panasonic lens, it doesn't offer any real advantage over the 14mm f/3.5 kit lens except for size and slightly more speed. I agree with other posts---12mm is a different story.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    That list gives the word sophisticated a new meaning. (Maybe in Swedish only - language is another of my weak points.)
    May be so. Many of your rest of the post reflect that, I would hope.

Really, a lens with sky high CA, never getting critically sharp, lacking a focusing scale and at the same time being a 35mm equivalent to a 35/5.6 doesn't make me think of "sophisticated" at all.
    I do not have to meter for f/5.6 while I am using the 17/2.8 wide open.

Vivek - do I recall it right when thinking the Pen FT 42/1.2 can be made to open up to something closer to f/1? Is that correct,..
    Incorrect, Jonas, I am afraid.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post

This is a Panasonic-centric forum for the most part.
    Are you sure?

A forum that would not allow Matshu$hita to be spelled correctly?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

The poll is skewed? relative to what? A poll is a poll. X number of people participate, when done results are tallied: it describes something about the people who participated and the question being asked. How much inference value it might have that might be generalized to describe other people is up in the air without more supporting information and context to work with.

The discussion of the poll, the discussion of the term "sophisticated lens", etc ... yes, these discussions are skew. And suggest brand loyalties are at play. The constant "my thing is better than your thing" and "I like this one more so it must be better" stuff which pervades all equipment discussion really does get very tiresome.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    And suggest brand loyalties are at play. The constant "my thing is better than your thing" and "I like this one more so it must be better" stuff which pervades all equipment discussion really does get very tiresome.

My Oly-D 17/2.8 on a Pana G1 is better than my Pana 20/1.7 on anything.

This might make you feel a bit less tired, Godfrey.

Post Thanks / Like

Incorrect, Jonas, I am afraid.
    I see. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

This poll is skewed and unreliable. There is an average of >100 visitors to this forum on any given day and only 94 votes?
    I don't really think the poll is skewed and unreliable - it's just a poll after all, and people will respond however they want and feel. I do think given that the poll is unscientific it's not something that can be used to draw much meaning from it like some are trying to do.

Personally I think it's at best an assessment of what different lenses people have. I'm guessing most people don't have both the Pana and the Oly lenses, since that wouldn't make a lot of sense unless you have cash to spare, or if you're a distributor. So the only conclusion someone can perhaps draw from this poll is that more of the people who responded to the poll have purchased one lens over another, for reasons which the poll cannot determine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photoSmart42 View Post
    Personally I think it's at best an assessment of what different lenses people have. I'm guessing most people don't have both the Pana and the Oly lenses, since that wouldn't make a lot of sense unless you have cash to spare, or if you're a distributor. So the only conclusion someone can perhaps draw from this poll is that more of the people who responded to the poll have purchased one lens over another, for reasons which the poll cannot determine.
    Agreed---and I'm glad to hear about the possibility of the 12/f2.8 lens. That would be on my list. I don't really care--Oly or Panny. I own both the 17 f/2.8 and 20 f/1.7---but generally shoot with the 20 because it suits my way of shooting better. I do like the FOV of the 17 at times so haven't sold it.

If I hadn't bought the Zuiko 9-18, I might be interested in the m4/3rds 9-18 coming, but it won't gain me that much. The 9-18 I have is reasonably small even with the adaptor and I don't use a WAZ that often. Now that I have the 20 and 45--to round out my lenses a faster wide would be next on my list--and that would about complete things for me. My MF lenses fill in all the holes, both for FL and faster, so that would be about it. The only thing I'd love--but don't expect (size, weight) is a constant f/2.8 or faster (LOLOL) 14-45.

Diane

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I know very little of anything.

What I posted here (this forum) thus far on the Oly-D 17/2.8:
    My bad I remember these now. I'm not really a tinkerer so I'm thinking straight out of the box. Most of these modifications I wouldn't mess with.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My bad I remember these now. I'm not really a tinkerer so I'm thinking straight out of the box.

Very Droll Terry!
    Me too.
    all the best

Just this guy you know

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My bad I remember these now. I'm not really a tinkerer so I'm thinking straight out of the box. Most of these modifications I wouldn't mess with.

Me neither as all m4/3rds lenses are housed in fragile plastic (cf: Lens Manual/Instructions of Panassonic 20/1.7, for example) to do any messing about.

I did not say that I modified anything.

Without any messing about, the 20/1.7 fluoresces on its own as well.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

... This might make you feel a bit less tired, Godfrey.
    What makes me tired, in your case, is your constant use of the idiotic motion emoticons.