The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No more than 10 miles from Home

H

Holmes375

That is a beautiful capture, Devon.

Well seen and I quite like your post work.

Nicely done.

bavanor

This was taken out on my wife and I walk. Just a couple of miles from the apartment. The Hiram M. Chittenden locks in Ballard area of Seattle, WA

bavanor

Different walk but still just a couple miles away from the apartment. Ice crystals on fungus at Discovery Park, Seattle, WA.

slau

Shot at home with the Carl Zeiss 100 Macro-Planar:

Shot at our local park and sanctuary:

Panasonic DMC-GH1 ,Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2.8/28:

Panasonic DMC-G1,Panasonic G 14-140 mm:

Last edited:

Will

I don't have a 4/3rds camera so i hope you don't mind me joining in with a DP1 shot.

Taken from my from door at night by street light in the recent snow fall.

D

Devon Shaw

I don't have a 4/3rds camera so i hope you don't mind me joining in with a DP1 shot.

Taken from my from door at night by street light in the recent snow fall.
Will, that shot is really intriguing... feels almost underwater.

Went to a local concert the other night. Band from my school, Rule 5.
Here is the lead singer Julia.

E-P1 with either my FD 50mm f/1.4, FD 35-105 f/3.5, or LTM 85mm f/2.... was shooting with a full bag of lenses that night and so am not quite sure which was responsible for which shot due to the lack of exif data with legacy lenses.

I

IanB

One from a walk in town, another from some crystal in the kitchen...

jonoslack

HI There
Well - lots of wonderful pictures, here are two of home in unusual weather conditions.
Both taken with the 45mm panaleica macro and the EP-1

all the best

Diane B

Brrrrr. Our snow is gone but now we have Guy's awful storms that have moved from our west (rain, wind, etc.) I like snow better LOL.

You're convincing me more and more to just keep the 45 on one of my bodies.

Glad to see one of the horses--blanketed and all. My understanding is that you don't get snow often--maybe less than we do in our 'northwest' south. But--our mts. are deep--roads closed and I usually shoot in the mts. in the winter---but not this year.

Its beautiful, isn't it?? But it does melt and turn to mud LOL--at least here. There are still big piles in parking lots higher than my waist since our big snow before Christmas.

Thanks for sharing.

Diane

ustein

Contributing Editor
>You're convincing me more and more to just keep the 45 on one of my bodies.

I get a 45mm this week and plan to have it on one body most of the time.

Diane B

Last week on the one decent day I carried the 20 on the GF1 and the 45 on the G1. Very nice, small--FL range I like. I haven't had enough shooting with it to say how I feel definitively, but so far--I like. I may be able to find one good day--right now we're getting Guy's storms from AZ LOL.

I'll look forward to hearing what you think Uwe.

Diane

ustein

Contributing Editor
Last week on the one decent day I carried the 20 on the GF1 and the 45 on the G1. Very nice, small--FL range I like. I haven't had enough shooting with it to say how I feel definitively, but so far--I like. I may be able to find one good day--right now we're getting Guy's storms from AZ LOL.

I'll look forward to hearing what you think Uwe.

Diane
Our small bag is always for two people (Bettina and me). Will see who gets the 45mm :)

scho

Hmmm....lets see, a quick back flip with a full twist should do the trick.:ROTFL:

GF1+45-200