The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No more than 10 miles from Home

Diane B

Finally something new to add to this thread lOL. Nothing really that special here--sort of falls into the 'strange weather' situation. We had Guy's AZ storms here yesterday and last night and our own small river that is our back border is higher than we've ever seen. Unfortunately I was unaware of it until later in the day and then went down to the fork in the road where the river curves around a cow/horse pasture and barn and found these fellows boating in the pasture. I asked them if they were looking for something or having fun--fun, they said LOL. Earlier in the day I was told that the water was up to the horse trailers windows. The river is normally beyond the far tree line. It was a tough time of the day to photograph--and the angle. Notice that the boaters are in short sleeve Ts--and then its supposed to snow Thurs. night.

These are the cows--contemplating their new 'lake view' LOL. Has to be a bit confusing--and it was much higher--as you can tell from the 'bank'.

And this is our own and our neighbors river bottom pastures--as far as you can see down the river it is like a lake. The riverbanks are quite steep and fairly tall so it had to come up many many feet to do this. The river itself is beyond the row of far trees--but who would know LOL.

Diane

PeterB666

This is less than 1 mile from my home (walking distance) in a spot called the Como Pleasure Grounds which was a picnic spot in the early 1900s. It is an old river swimming baths complete with shark netting. Dogs disappear at a regular rate further up the river being a favourite of our large fishy friends.

It is about half an hour before official sunrise but within 15 minutes of this shot all the colour had gone from the sky and it was bucketing down.

DHart

Across the fence from my driveway... an adjoining property full of friendly alpacas... image taken today.