The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No more than 10 miles from Home

ustein

Contributing Editor
The idea of this thread is to show images you shoot close to home:

about 6 miles.

Good idea Uew. I don't have a 4/3rds camera to contribute here, but I like the photo anyway. What kind of treatment did you do to the image to get the brush stroke effect? I like it, especially with the muted tones of the image.

Mark

Diane B

I told Terry in another forum that a photo a day had been a challenge for me--I shoot mostly on the farm as that's where I am every day--we've been self employed and now I guess semi retired. I also shoot a lot within that 10 mile area also--so this thread is made for me LOL.

Diane

ustein

Contributing Editor
I told Terry in another forum that a photo a day had been a challenge for me--I shoot mostly on the farm as that's where I am every day--we've been self employed and now I guess semi retired. I also shoot a lot within that 10 mile area also--so this thread is made for me LOL.

Diane
I made this thread because we like the challenge to find images locally. And there is a lot to be found.

Blending is adictive. I hardly ever like the not blended image better.

Is there some BA group (Blending Anonymous)?

Diane B

This was one i shot last Spring--the last pods on a Golden Rain tree

G1/FD 35 f/2.8

G1/EF 45 f/2.8 TS with EOS adaptor

the gate/fence in front of my studio last March
G1/45-200

GF1/20 f/1.7

Edit: I saw Uwe's statement about the blending being addictive. As I was looking through my 'locals', that was in my mind. I can see blending for all of these--esp. the tomato one.

Diane

T

thearne3

Here are a couple from today's walk - about 4 miles from home.

Michiel Schierbeek

Very nice Uwe, all those new threads with great themes!
More snow and a centered figure in the park 800m from home.
Michiel

- Boy -

G1 + Canon FD 28/2.8​

Audii-Dudii

This one is from the Lost Dog Wash hiking area in North Scottsdale, which is 4.5 miles from my house to the parking lot and 2.5 miles from the parking lot to this spot:

This one is from the Desert Garden park, also in North Scottsdale, maybe .5 miles from my house:

Both were captured with a GF1 / Olympus 14-35 combo.

D

Devon Shaw

Down at the plaza in Sonoma

E-P1... can't recall the lens... was back when I only owned the 17 and 14-42 though

Ron Evers

This is taken in our living room. ;)

This from our balcony

This one from under the balcony

I don't get away much eh? Kidding.