The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

shoot now and create later

mregnier

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: 3 Swans in the Valtava

Nice one (by the way forget my question over on the blend forum about the lensbaby!)
Hmm, I'd do one of two things here with the swans. Either use Content-aware Scaling in Photoshop, which looks easy but isn't, or just select them, and copy them into the stretched image afterwards and they'll look much better.
I sort of did that with the swans. They are stretched just slightly and then layerd into the water. Maybe I'll try again in the morning.

Mike

Diane B

In truth, I actually like the first 2 best--I like the 3 swans. The last 2 need to grow on me a bit but I think I see where you are going--and think if I saw them larger I might like them better than the 'safer' earlier ones.

Diane

Diane B

Thought I would post this here. For all of us interested in working with textures, the work of David Robin and the interview with him by Brooks Jensen in the current issue of Lenswork (No. 86, Jan/Feb 10) might prove interesting.

Diane

ustein

Contributing Editor
Thought I would post this here. For all of us interested in working with textures, the work of David Robin and the interview with him by Brooks Jensen in the current issue of Lenswork (No. 86, Jan/Feb 10) might prove interesting.

Diane
Thanks for the pointer.