The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with (older) German lenses

apicius9

I recently got an older chrome Sonnar 150/4 in M42 mount and happend to have it with me when I was driving by Waikiki this afternoon. First time with the lens, and I learned that 150mm handheld is a challenge and that this lens can be sharper than these pictures show. ... Also learned not to buy any A-data SD cards anymore, mine died after a few dozen pictures and only formatting helped :mad: Just some minimal changes in Lightroom, still trying to understand the program better.

(sorry, no girls in bikinis today, they all came out unsharp :rolleyes: )

Stefan

Michiel Schierbeek

I recently got an older chrome Sonnar 150/4 in M42 mount and happend to have it with me when I was driving by Waikiki this afternoon. First time with the lens, and I learned that 150mm handheld is a challenge and that this lens can be sharper than these pictures show. ... Also learned not to buy any A-data SD cards anymore, mine died after a few dozen pictures and only formatting helped :mad: Just some minimal changes in Lightroom, still trying to understand the program better.

(sorry, no girls in bikinis today, they all came out unsharp :rolleyes: )

Stefan
Looks nice! Thought this was a Hasselblad lens. M42 ?:confused:

Cheers, Michiel

Winkel

I'm unable to mount my two Steinheil Munchen lenses on the E-520 - Contact is made between the front overhang and the stopdown switch. I recently picked up the E-PL1 and can finally enjoy these two lenses. :D

A shot of the smaller observatory in Ottawa's Experimental Farm using the E-PL1 and Steinheil Munchen Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135/2.8:

Jim

Michiel Schierbeek

I'm unable to mount my two Steinheil Munchen lenses on the E-520 - Contact is made between the front overhang and the stopdown switch. I recently picked up the E-PL1 and can finally enjoy these two lenses. :D

A shot of the smaller observatory in Ottawa's Experimental Farm using the E-PL1 and Steinheil Munchen Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 135/2.8:

Jim
HI Jim,

Did not see this shot. Very nice! Looks very sharp too. How is the bokeh wide open? Just curious.

Michiel

Leica 77

Here are some more blossem shots with the Isco-Göttingen 35/2.8 Did show 2 with this lens in the bokehthread.
Michiel

Hi Michiel,
Your Isco-Göttingen 35/2.8 lens really produces distinctly fine bokeh! :thumbs: I will look into getting one of these older German lenses. All the best, Leica 77. :)

Winkel

HI Jim,

Did not see this shot. Very nice! Looks very sharp too. How is the bokeh wide open? Just curious.

Michiel
Hi Michiel!

Your blossom shots look great - lots of personality with that lens.

The observatory image was stopped down to f4 or so... and it's quite nice wide open too (slightly better than my Komine built Vivitar 2.8/135).

Well, you gave me an excuse to get out and snap some wide-open images for you. Here are some more from the Central Experimental Farm's Arboretum shot with the Steinheil Munchen Auto-D-Tele-Quinar 2.8/135 at f2.8... not particularly great compositions but taken to demonstrate the bokeh of complex and simple backgrounds. :

Jim

Michiel Schierbeek

Three more blossoms with three different lenses.
Cheers,
Michiel

G1+ Isco-Göttingen 135/3.5

G1+Meyer Lydith 30/3.5

G1+Schneider Xenon 50/2.8​