The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH1 Strap Lug Problem

slau

Pana 20/1.7 says: don't store the lens attached to the camera,....
I went through the ~10 page Operating Instructions at least twice and could not see the above warning. Can you tell me which page of the Instruction should I be checking? Thanks.

monza

Don't drop or knock the lens. Take care not to put a lot of pressure on the lens. I guess this means it may crack under pressure of the decisive moment. :)

Don't get pesticides on it. Don't carry the unit when it is still attached to the camera body. Don't store it on a beach or in direct sunlight or in high temps or humidity or where there is high concentrations of sand, dust or dirt, or fire, or near heaters, air conditioners or humidifiers, or where water may make the unit wet, where there is vibration, or inside a vehicle. Don't disassemble.

I'm glad I read that, otherwise I never would have known. :)

slau

Don't drop or knock the lens. Take care not to put a lot of pressure on the lens. I guess this means it may crack under pressure of the decisive moment. :)

Don't get pesticides on it. Don't carry the unit when it is still attached to the camera body. Don't store it on a beach or in direct sunlight or in high temps or humidity or where there is high concentrations of sand, dust or dirt, or fire, or near heaters, air conditioners or humidifiers, or where water may make the unit wet, where there is vibration, or inside a vehicle. Don't disassemble.

I'm glad I read that, otherwise I never would have known. :)
Certainly learn a lot from reading the manual :ROTFL:

lambert

The GH1 is quite lightly built. If you apply pressure from left to right while holding the GH1 from the grip the body will flex quite a bit.

PeterB666

Pana 20/1.7 says: don't store the lens attached to the camera, do not modify the lens, do not use any cleaning agents (spit polish is off the menu :ROTFL:),....
Mine is in Japanese apart from a few numbers, web addresses and the icons so it is good to know that I shouldn't spit polish the lens. Thanks :salute:

RichA

Round lugs: An abomination

Ones I had on an Olympus E-1 actually wore out! Carry heavy lenses. Slotted steel ones are FAR better and you never hear of problems with them. The ones on the Olympus E-3 are superb, unlike with the sharper ones on cheaper cameras, there is little to no strap wear either.