The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lumix G-Vario 14-45 F3.5-5-6

M

maxpiz

I am a happy owner of Lumix GF1 with 20mm F1.7 lens kit. I also use an old Pentax M 50mm lens manual focus. I'm very undecided whether to take also the other kit lens 14-45. I think it's a good lens for every occasion and for the videos to my daughters.
I might ask if you can have a minimum of boken even with this lens. How does the portraits when you want to blur the background?
In this regard would be very useful as an example of the shots or that I can indicate where to find this kind of photos.
Thanks in advance:)

Tullio

The 14-45mm is a good little 3x zoom lens. Although you gain some extra FL on both ends, I'm not sure the 14-45mm would be the best complement to your 20mm. I like zooms and would be inclined to get the 45-200mm instead unless you really want the extra 12mm on the wide site.