The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G1 with MC/MC glass - What to expect?

Elliot

Very nice texture to those photos, less of a digital look somehow than some other G1 pictures I have viewed.

There certainly are many adapters for the m4/3 format on eBay, so that most everything is covered. It's quite tempting to go for the G1.

V

Vivek

G1 came in today!
First image with 45mm, second with 28mm. :toocool:
The 45/2 X-Rokkor was never considered a "serious" lens (flare prone, low contrast on film). Fabulous pancake lens. Your sample indicates that.

hodad66

Very nice texture to those photos, less of a digital look somehow than some other G1 pictures I have viewed.

There certainly are many adapters for the m4/3 format on eBay, so that most everything is covered. It's quite tempting to go for the G1.
From a ex-Canon 5D owner..... the G1 is great! Take a look at the list
of Canon lenses that I have collected. There is no way that I would
have gotten a 300 / 2.8 unless it was an old FD. Manual focus is pretty
easy with the G1 viewfinder.

apicius9

From a ex-Canon 5D owner..... the G1 is great! Take a look at the list
of Canon lenses that I have collected. There is no way that I would
have gotten a 300 / 2.8 unless it was an old FD. Manual focus is pretty
easy with the G1 viewfinder.
Hi, I just saw the Rokinon 8mm in your list - maybe I overlooked it, but I would lave to see a few G1/GH1 pics with that lens. Are they online somewhere or would you have a chance to post a few? Thanks,

Stefan

hodad66

Hi, I just saw the Rokinon 8mm in your list - maybe I overlooked it, but I would lave to see a few G1/GH1 pics with that lens. Are they online somewhere or would you have a chance to post a few? Thanks,

Stefan
I'm waiting, as we speak, for the EOS adapter to try this
lens out. Funny thing was when I first got it I thought that
I had made a mistake. No levers, nothing mechanical.......
I thought that I couldn't use it...... THEN I tried the aperture
ring and realized that it WAS manual.

Currently waiting for the EOS and Minolta MA adapters.......
(Sigma 600 mirror)

Elliot

Re: G1 with Canon, Nikon, Olympus glass - What to expect?

I have received the lenses and cameras that my co-worker has handed down from his father-in-law (a deceased police department crime scene photographer). I have listed the models and taken a few photos, and wonder if you could give me some guidance as to whether the lenses would be useful on the G1 (or other m4/3 cameras). From what I understand, the Nikon would work on some current Nikon dSLRs and the Olympus on e-series cameras with an adapter.

It was fun to unpack these and clean them off a bit, although they need more superficial cleaning. I was surprised to see the Canon 7s rangefinder in the material.View attachment 26831

V

Vivek

Elliot, All would work with appropriate adapters on a G1.

However, unless you are going to be using the Canon 7s/Topcor (full frame film) (and if there are no sentimental attachments involved), it may be wise to sell them off to fund your future m4/3rds camera/accessories, etc.

Elliot

Sell off the Canon 7s/Topcor in particular or all the equipment? There is no sentimental attachment.

V

Vivek

Yup. The rest (Nikon and Olympus), though the lenses are very usable on G1, would not fetch you much cash.

The Topcor would.