The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Do you have a case for your G1 ?

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

in these cold and snowy days, I would like to buy a case for my G1 with the 14-45mm lens on it.

Did you ever come across any offers ?

TIA,
Rafael

J

JohnKendrick

Depends on what you mean by a case. I have a GH1 and carry it around with the 14-140 lens attached.

My wife and I spent a terrific hour wandering through B&H in Manhattan on Sunday and came away with a Zing cover-like case, among other things. One of the other things was a Tenba Messenger bag recommended either here or on DPReview.

Here's the url for the GH1 "case."

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Neoprene-SLR-Covers/ci/4456/N/4291080141

Just exactly what I was looking for. Looks a bit like, as one clerk characterized it, diapers for digital cameras.

John

hodad66

I use a Think Tank 20 so that I can walk around with the Canon 200 mounted. With shorter lenses I put one in the bottom, use the separator with body and other lens on top.

It's overkill for the G1 w 20mm so I will probably get a smaller "light" bag.

J

JohnKendrick

Thanks, John,

does this cover provide any protection against rain, humidity, snow ... ?

C U,
Rafael
Yes, the comment was, and this was offered about several bags we looked at, it was "water resistant" not "water proof." I took that to mean it would not be wise to dunk the camera/case in a pool of water but that for almost all other weather exposures it would work fine.

We bought it for precisely those circumstances--rainy, snowy walking around. However, I don't have any serious experience with it yet.

John