The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4/3rds Cameras with Soviet / Russian Lenses

A

Abbazz

How come, there is still no thread about using Soviet lenses on our Micro 4/3rds cameras?!?

Let's start the thread with a few random pictures taken with the Jupiter-3. The Jupiter-3 is a 50mm F/1.5 Zeiss Sonnar clone, mine is in Leica threadmount.

Cheers!

Abbazz

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
How come, there is still no thread about using Soviet lenses on our Micro 4/3rds cameras?!?

Let's start the thread with a few random pictures taken with the Jupiter-3. The Jupiter-3 is a 50mm F/1.5 Zeiss Sonnar clone, mine is in Leica threadmount.

Cheers!

Abbazz
Hi Abbazz

I saw your entry in the bokeh thread, and it inspired me to dig out my Jupiter 3. I have a half a dozen Russian lenses that I must use more. Trouble is, it's too cold outside and there is nothing green left out there.

This lens has a beautiful bokeh (depending on which side you are coming from :deadhorse:)

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice thread. :) Some of those lenses can really shine.
Abbazz, I like the one with the mosk (or Taj Mahal?) in the background.
Keith, nice one and what a beautifull wild looking cat. :shocked:
Here are some with that same Jupiter-9 85/2
Michiel

- Student at work -

- In the workshop -

- Through the bow -

A

Abbazz

Hi Abbazz

I saw your entry in the bokeh thread, and it inspired me to dig out my Jupiter 3. I have a half a dozen Russian lenses that I must use more. Trouble is, it's too cold outside and there is nothing green left out there.
Thanks Keith. I love Bennie's portrait. As stated by Michiel, the cat looks like some wild feline preparing to go on a hunt.

Winter and snow can also bring some nice picture opportunities...

Nice thread. :) Some of those lenses can really shine.
Abbazz, I like the one with the mosk (or Taj Mahal?) in the background.
Thank you Michiel. It's the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque in Bandar Seri Begawan.

Cheers!

Abbazz

A

Abbazz

And now for few pictures taken with the Jupiter-11 in Leica threadmount. It's another Sonnar clone, a 135mm F/4 lens. First, the lens used alone:

Then, the Jupiter-11 used with a rare TK-2D 2x teleconverter in Leica threadmount, making a surprisingly sharp 270/8 compact lens:

The big building in the background of this last picture is the Sultan of Brunei's Palace.

Cheers!

Abbazz

kai.e.g.

How do you folks with the Jupiter-9 (2/85mm) find the flare? Mine flares badly if the sun is within 2 timezones away; I'm not sure if its just my copy or a feature.

How do you folks with the Jupiter-9 (2/85mm) find the flare? Mine flares badly if the sun is within 2 timezones away; I'm not sure if its just my copy or a feature.
Are you using a sunshade? On an m4/3 camera the sunshade can be much longer than on a 35mm camera.

kai.e.g.

I'm sure it will help. The flare seems so eager to manifest itself, that the hood will end up being a permanent fixture :-(

K

Ken Smith

I recently purchase a G1 so that I could use my FSU, Canon FD, and Nikon lenses. Attached are photos of a sweet Jupiter 8, f2.0 on the G1, and an aging apple tree shot at 1/800, f4, iso100.

Ken

K

Ken Smith

My Jupiter 9 85mm f2, is a black one. I had it CLA'd when I bought it from a seller in Ukraine, but many have tight focusing as sold.

A recent example 1/1600, f4, iso100. Focused on the pine needle hanging from the douglas fir bough.

ken

K

Ken Smith

This is the ltm mount Industar 50 f3.5. Those in the FSU camera world think it is one of the ugliest lenses, but admit it is very sharp.

A wide open 1/400 iso100 shot of winter aspens.