Site Sponsors

Thread: Kinoptik 2/25mm vs. Kinoptik 2/25mm on GH1

Post Thanks / Like

Kinoptik 2/25mm vs. Kinoptik 2/25mm on GH1

"Pardon me?" you may think, but it is about the effect of age/condition of lenses and the effect on image quality.

I have a c-mount Kinoptik 2/25mm and just got for test a Cameflex (CF for short) version of the very same optic.

Left the results using the CF version, right the c-mount version, both shot under identical conditions just seconds in between using my GH1.

First the full image, then as a second pic a 1:1 zoom into the center of it. Reasons for that massive difference?
    The CF version has a scratched rear element and some fogging on the rear element only visible in strong light against a dark background.

So be careful what you buy esp. on ebay and/or ask the right questions early enough!
    Last edited by kds315; 19th January 2010 at 07:26.

Mathijs

Re: Kinoptik 2/25mm vs. Kinoptik 2/25mm on GH1

I hope people know by now that haze and scratches won't do a rear element any good! A few scratches on the front won't hurt the contrast much, but on the rear it can be drastic. Haze just makes it more like a soft focus lens...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Klaus,

Sorry to hear about this lens, and thanks for the advice.

I have heard the Kinoptik 25mm does not have the distortion and other effects as typical c-mount lenses on M 4/3- is that true?

Thanks
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's a very good one.