The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic 7-14

biomed

The 7~14 is one of my favorite lenses. This example shot with the lens mounted on a G1 body. Lens set to 7mm, f/8, 1.6 sec, ISO 200. Camera on tripod. I apologize for the large size of this image, but I wanted to show the fine detail captured.

jnewell

I think I lost my lens cap for my 7-14mm... Any idea where I can order a new one?
I bought one but I don't remember where - I am pretty sure I found I had to order it from Panasonic (which was surprising and annoying). It's worth quickly searching B&H and Adorama for new caps and KEH for a used cap.

httivals

It costs much less than that if you call Panasonic and order it from them. I got one from them a while back and it was about $10 + postage as I recall. . . . Don't know the size in mm.

Joe Blackwood

I think I lost my lens cap for my 7-14mm... Any idea where I can order a new one?
Erik, After a Google search I found this to confirm the part number

Panasonic VFC4412 Lens Hood Cover (Front Lens Cap) For H-F007014 Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4.0 Asph Lens

Link with a picture of the box - 2012

and then I found this...

Video Direct: Panasonic VFC4412 Lens Hood Cover (Front Lens Cap) For H-F007014 Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4.0 Asph Lens

Price: $16.95
Manufacturer: Panasonic
Man. Part #: VFC4412
Availability: In Stock

They appear to sell in the US only.
Please let us know how they are to deal with.

jnewell

Erik, After a Google search I found this to confirm the part number

Panasonic VFC4412 Lens Hood Cover (Front Lens Cap) For H-F007014 Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4.0 Asph Lens

Link with a picture of the box - 2012

and then I found this...

Video Direct: Panasonic VFC4412 Lens Hood Cover (Front Lens Cap) For H-F007014 Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4.0 Asph Lens

Price: $16.95
Manufacturer: Panasonic
Man. Part #: VFC4412
Availability: In Stock

They appear to sell in the US only.
Please let us know how they are to deal with.
Brilliant, Joe! - that jogged my memory and it is in fact the vendor from which I obtained my replacement cap. They were quick and easy to deal with and I'd happily purchase from them again.

John

ErikTande

Got my new lens cap! I feel much better not having the lens exposed when it's sitting in my bag. Thanks again for the links!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The Panasonic GH cameras have totally changed the way I shoot industrial photos. Being able to use the articulated screen and the excellent Pana 7-14 open up a whole new world of angles and perspectives. Here, I have the camera almost at floor level in a location where there isn't room for anything the size of my head between the camera and the wall.

GH2 with Pana 7-14 @ 9mm and f/4

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
yesterday was the Norwegian National Day. We celebrated in Bangkok too :)

GH1 with Pana 7-14mm @ 8mm and f/5.0

GH1 with Pana 7-14mm @ 7mm and f/5.6