The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Two 55s on G1

Ron Evers

I took the same shot with a Minolta Rokkor 55/1.7 & a Pentax Super Takumar 55/1.8 set wide open on my G1. They were shot in jpeg with the camera white balance set to shade & are presented here unaltered except for resizing.

First the Rokkor:

this is the Super Takumar:

I think the Takumar renders more vivid colour.

Tullio

The exposure seems to be -0.3 less with the Takumar and that could have resulted in more vivid colors. I have two 135mm lenses, a Takumar and an Osawa. I noticed that the Takumar consistently under exposes by at least -0.3.

Ron Evers

The exposure seems to be -0.3 less with the Takumar and that could have resulted in more vivid colors. I have two 135mm lenses, a Takumar and an Osawa. I noticed that the Takumar consistently under exposes by at least -0.3.
I have noticed the same. Here are three from today with the Takumar: