The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which adapter for lens Leica-M and MFT

M

maxpiz

In the market I found a lot of adapters lenses Leica-M for the MFT.
Which you use?
There is the Voigtlander adapter that costs a lot and then there are other unbranded and cheaper.
What are the differences in your opinion? it is better to buy the Voigtlander? (because I want to buy a lens-Voigtlander Nokton 40mm/1.4-Leica-M mount)
Thanks in advance:)

V

Vivek

The best one (also the first commercial adapter) is from Japan and is made by RayQual.

I was fortunate to get one when it became available through a kind contributor/member here and I have not seen a better quality adapter, yet.

(not only it is better than my self made adapter, it cost me less as well;))

V

Vivek

It is an adapter just like the RJ adapter or the one from Novoflex, etc.

RayQual is a cut above the rest.

monza

I have used Novoflex, Rayqual, Voigtlander, and some misc. unbranded ones from China. The Rayqual and Voigtlander are identical build quality (i.e., very high.)

Novoflex a bit less in build quality. I've had two, the first one would not reach infinity focus. The no-name ones work but are built to the lowest quality standard so they can be sold very cheap.

ggibson

I have the Panasonic version, DMW-MA2M. It is very high quality and heavy! I don't have any other adapters to compare it to, but I figured if I'm adapting expensive Leica M bayonet lenses, I might as well get a decent quality adapter. It's also made in Japan.