The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A job with GF1 and 20 mm.

E

ellemand

Thank you all - you're very kind.
Jonas - I don't see the noise in the print, I'm glad to tell.
About the gear - I never carry a lot of gear, I like to keep it simple.
I once joined a competition; take the best series of 10 pictures at the zoo in 5 hours.
Boy, there were a lot of heavy gear that day. I brought only a camerabody and a 50 mm'er - that was all. I won't tell you who wan the second-price;-))
There has been questions about the b/w workflow.
It's really simpe - Jpeg - dynamik b/w in camera - all settings at zero.
Levels, shadow/highlight, contrast, a little dodge and burn in a few (and a little to much in the snow..;-)) resizing and sharpen.
Indoors pictures ISO 400 - outdoors ISO 100.
A-mode f:1,7 - 2,5 and handheld.
Do ask, if there's questions - I'll try to answer. Sorry for the writing - I'm not used to write in english.

Best regards.
Ellemand.

Jonas

Thank you all - you're very kind.
Jonas - I don't see the noise in the print, I'm glad to tell.
(...)
Do ask, if there's questions - I'll try to answer. Sorry for the writing - I'm not used to write in english.
I'm glad to hear that, and understand it is a downsizing/JPG/sharpening thng then.

Lol, I write too many posts and similar in English, and fail big time every now and then. Don't worry, I see nothing an average Swede wouldn't understand fine. ;)

regards,

/Jonas

E

ellemand

Hej Jonas.
Vi kunne skrive til hinanden på dansk og svensk, men så ville alle de andre ikke kunne læse de kloge ord;-))

Translation:
Hey Jonas.
We could write to each other in danish and swedish, but in that case, the rest wouldn't be able to read the wise words;-))

Regards
Ellemand.

E

ellemand

Thanks you again for the respons.
They actually have horses at the horse-center..;-))
I better show one of them.

Have a nice weekend.
Ellemand.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have only one comment --- I am amazed, or more accurately STUNNED, that the in-camera dynamic B&W jpeg is that good. I knew it looked good on the camera's LCD, but honestly never bothered actually shooting with it! Bravo for pointing this out!

E

ellemand

Hey Jack and Jon.
Thank you very much.
When I got the GF1 I couldn't convert RAW in my CS3 - and I didn't like Silkypix, which came with the camera.
To get started shooting - I couldn't wait - I toke RAW (for later converting) and a jpeg in dynamic b/w.
I've used dynamic b/w ever since and have only converted two pictures, that I wanted in colour. I bought the GF1 for my b/w-shooting, so I'm glad it turned out to be so good, as it actually is.

Best regards.
Ellemand.

Jonas

Hej Jonas.
Vi kunne skrive til hinanden på dansk og svensk, men så ville alle de andre ikke kunne læse de kloge ord;-))
Ellemand, yes, we could do that. I suspect the other participants here would miss your wisdom. With me it is another case. Nah, I think we better stick to English.
I had a second look at your series of images. The first one is definitely not about horses. It's about a girl and tender feelings.

Cheers,

/Jonas

E

ellemand

Hey Rafa, Jonas and s.agar
Thank you again - I'm so happy, that you like the pictures.

Best wishes
Ellemand.

Tim

Excellent work Ellemand, did you find it a good feeling to be able to put this camera to such good use. I bet the response from the 'client' was great! Are you still using a GRD? I seem to recall you had some excellent images from one!