The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hood for Panasonic 20 1.7

V

Vivek

After having tried/used several different types, my choice is a 46 to 37mm step down adapter (and the Olympus 37mm lens cap made for the Oly-D 17/2.8).

Low profile and efficient.

soboyle

A step down adaptor will provide some protection for the lens, which I am looking for, but not much shading. Any other options that will provide both? I'm amazed that panasonic doesn't offer a hood/shade.

Godfrey

Like others, I use a 46mm screw-in metal hood from heavystar that takes a 52mm clip on cap. A perfect fit.

V

Vivek

A step down adaptor will provide some protection for the lens, which I am looking for, but not much shading.

Consider the hoods offered for GN-Nikkor 45/2.8, Nikkor AiP 45/2.8 and the Voigtlander 40/2.

You are incorrect in saying that the step down ring does not provide much shading.

Greg Lockrey

A rubber lens shade that are collapsable. I buy one for each lens. Don't have to take them off when putting away and offers better bump protection.