The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

stand out lenses for micro 4/3

soboyle

Looking for recommended autofocus lenses for micro 4/3. I know you can put about any manual focus lens on these bodies, but I'm currently interested in the best quality autofocus lenses available now.
I currently have the Pany 20 1.7 on order, and the Oly kit 14-42.

Jonas

Hi Shaun,

I had a look at some of your images and man, I wish i could have made you company and those old hospitals, and enjoyed very much several of the other ones as well.

Best quality AF lenses... those are the 20mm and the Panny 7-14mm zoom for wide angle work. I don't know anything about the native long lenses.
A short and pretty versatile tele should be the Panny 45/2.8 macro. I haven't tried it but I have seen several very nice images taken with it.

I don't know if this helps.
(I use a 4/3 zoom, the Olympus 9-18mm for the wide side, it is OK (or good). I plan to replace it with the coming µ4/3 version some time this year. I enjoy the 20mm pancake. Then I use a variety of old manual lenses for my short tele and close-up needs.)

regards,

/Jonas

kevinparis

guess zuiko 50-200 would be awesome....if you could hold it

it should auto focus with the right adaptor... but havent tried it

:)

k

Godfrey

My stand out mFT lenses are the ones I use all the time (I use a G1 body):

- Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4 TV (partial format coverage)
- Lumix G 20mm f/1.7
- Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8
- Olympus Pen F G.Zuiko 70mm f/2

This is my complete kit. Although I can (and do) use any/all of my FourThirds SLR lenses on the G1 body for special needs, this is the set of lenses that I normally choose for this body in the normal course of things.

I do plan to buy the Lumix G 14mm f/2.8 when it is released, or one of the UW zoom lenses (7-14 or 9-18), and I also plan to replace the 40mm with the Macro-Elmarit 45/2.8 eventually.

Audii-Dudii

Looking for recommended autofocus lenses for micro 4/3. I know you can put about any manual focus lens on these bodies, but I'm currently interested in the best quality autofocus lenses available now.
I know it seems ridiculous to use the "big" Oly 4/3 zooms on a micro 4/3 body, but the 7-14, 14-35, and 35-100 zooms are all stellar performers and they will autofocus (albeit sometimes slowly) on an E-P1 or E-P2 body. I have them all and while they're not inexpensive, the combo works very well for my type of photography (although, truth be told, I manually focus them most of the time).

P.S.: I like your work! In fact, I'm even envious of some of it, which is quite a compliment. :)

--
My daily photoblog: http://audiidudii.aminus3.com/

ustein

Contributing Editor
I currently have the Pany 20 1.7 on order, and the Oly kit 14-42.
Great photographs. Would like to be at these places.

I think the 4/3 Olympus 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 is quite nice.

s.agar

Photos on your site are wonderful. Especially Bethlehem steel.

In addition to the 20/1.7, which you have, I have the Panasonic 7-14mm, which is my favorite.

Seyhun

retow

For premium glass and zoom, consider the the Oly 14-54 II. I still hope one day we see a Oly 12-60 mft premium offering.

retow

My stand out mFT lenses are the ones I use all the time (I use a G1 body):

- Cosmicar 12.5mm f/1.4 TV (partial format coverage)
- Lumix G 20mm f/1.7
- Konica Hexanon AR 40mm f/1.8
- Olympus Pen F G.Zuiko 70mm f/2

This is my complete kit. Although I can (and do) use any/all of my FourThirds SLR lenses on the G1 body for special needs, this is the set of lenses that I normally choose for this body in the normal course of things.

I do plan to buy the Lumix G 14mm f/2.8 when it is released, or one of the UW zoom lenses (7-14 or 9-18), and I also plan to replace the 40mm with the Macro-Elmarit 45/2.8 eventually.
Wow, a lot of speed :)