The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

jinfinance has a new Pentax 110 adapter

RichA

Here it is.

Oddly, he says it has a light leak. Anyway--less than fifty bucks!
I had a bunch of these lenses and the camera.
Very lightweight set-up, but the lenses are nothing to write home about performance-wise. Good standard manual SLR lenses will beat them at f2.8 (their fixed aperture). Their big claim to fame might be that they are very small, (the 24mm is tiny!) and don't vignette like many of the CCTV lenses do.

V

Vivek

Oddly, he says it has a light leak. Anyway--less than fifty bucks!
Not to undermine it (especially at this price) but it is essentially built on a c-mount adapter. That is the cause of that light leak. Had the lens release been located a bit farther away it would have been without that problem. That also would have meant more labor/material costs and a higher price for the adapter.

slau

I have a complete 110 system kit that have not seen daylight for a long time :). Beside being very TINY and light weight, I don't have much high hope on IQ from those lenses. It is a pretty cute camera set. If the adapter price come down further in the future, may have to buy one to have fun.

m3photo

Re: IQ

... I don't have much high hope on IQ from those lenses.
Hmm, for the price, as far as small alternate lenses go, I reckon they're not that bad.

These were taken using a (badly) homemade adapter:

24mm at infinity

70mm at infinity

70mm at moggy

L

libsonluv

Hi
The picture quality is awesome.
I find this camera to be the best one so far what i have seen.
Great quality pictures.

Hi
The picture quality is awesome.
I find this camera to be the best one so far what i have seen.
Great quality pictures.
Would you like to post some of the cigar photos you've been taking with it?

Anyway, it's the 70mm that I'm actually interested in...would love to see some more pics with it, or some images of how it handles on an m4/3 camera.

m3photo

Re: Pentax 110 70mm lens

Anyway, it's the 70mm that I'm actually interested in...would love to see some more pics with it, or some images of how it handles on an m4/3 camera.
When I get my "proper" adapter I'll be posting a few for y'all. As to images of how it handles, hmm; better a description methinks:
It's a heavy piece of glass and metal at first handling, however it's still small and goes well on the front of a G1 and the focussing is smooth. I don't have any other m4/3rds cameras to compare. Considering it's a 140mm equivalent you can go a long way (har, har) to take pictures with a small combo like this and go by relatively unnoticed. The drawback (for the moment, pending an adapter that permits more f/stops) is that you're stuck at f/2.8 with this and all the 110 lenses.

slau

Re: Pentax 110 70mm lens

................ The drawback (for the moment, pending an adapter that permits more f/stops) is that you're stuck at f/2.8 with this and all the 110 lenses.
That is my major concern to use the 110 lens at wide open f2.8. The 110 lenses are not really designed to compete with the modern Panasonic M43 lenses, especially the fast prime like the 20f1.7 & 45f2.8. While they may be OK stepping down one or two stops, I doubt that I will use them for their IQ. If I am doing it just for fun, that will be another story:).

From viewing your samples images, while the center is acceptable, the edges are not something you want to write home about.

m3photo

Re: Edges

... while the center is acceptable, the edges are not something you want to write home about.
You're quite right of course ... but then again if you pay us a visit on the "blends" or "bokeh" threads you'll see we don't bother much with the edges any more ;)