The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

nikon micro 4/3 adaptor with tripod mount

pellicle

Hi

I have been talking with Ciecio7 about this, but he has as yet been no more than philosophical about the concept. This morning (while looking for something else) I see this one on eBay for Nikon mount. I don't have any Nikon lenses but FD and OM ... may be of interest to some ... it looks as if it does not rotate however.

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

thanks for mentioning this, pellicle.
With the 2x crop factor of 4/3, this is a useful accessory for all lenses with FL above 100mm IMHO !

C U,
Rafael

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Hi

I have been talking with Ciecio7 about this, but he has as yet been no more than philosophical about the concept. This morning (while looking for something else) I see this one on eBay for Nikon mount. I don't have any Nikon lenses but FD and OM ... may be of interest to some ... it looks as if it does not rotate however.
Except that the adapter you linked to seems to be mis-labelled since the same seller also offers another Nikon to m4/3 adapter -- labelled as Adapter NIKON lens to PANASONIC G1 GF1 OLYMPUS E-P1/P2 -- that looks like this:

This adapter appears to have about the same depth and diameter as my Voigtlander Nikon to m4/3 adapter.

The adapter you pointed to -- labelled as Adapter NIKON lens to PANASONIC G1 GF1 OLYMPUS E-P1/P2 -- looks completely different and has, further down the page, the following description:
This Adapter will allow to use PENTACON 6 (Kiev 60) lens on PANASONIC G1 /GH1 /GF1 and OLYMPUS E-P1 E-P2.
Which makes sense because this adapter, with the tripod mount, is so much deeper and wider than one would expect for a Nikon to m4/3 adapter but about the depth and diameter one would expect for a 6x6 lens:

Here's hoping that similar adapters with tripod mounts appear for Nikon, Olympus, Canon, and (for me) Minolta MC/MD mounts.

JBurnett

Hmmm. With a medium format lens you'd have space and coverage for both tilt and shift. But you'd be pretty limited to longer effective focal lengths.

An adapter tripod ring would be excellent. Although I have the native 45mm macro, I just picked up an FD-mount Vivitar Series 1 105mm macro too. It's reasonably heavy and, at 1:1, extends very far outward.

V

Vivek

"Reasonably heavy" is an understatement (wrt to m4/3rds), John! ;)

The older Series 1 90/2.5 Macro came with a dedicated extender to make it go to 1:1 (as such the 90/2.5 would only go to 1:2) and that extender has a nice built in tripod mount.

JBurnett

The older Series 1 90/2.5 Macro came with a dedicated extender to make it go to 1:1 (as such the 90/2.5 would only go to 1:2) and that extender has a nice built in tripod mount.
I was keeping a eye open for a 90mm, but the 105 came along at a reasonable price. The 90 often seems to sell for more, even when the extender is gone. Isn't there some "legendary" version of the 90 (serial numbers beginning with 22 or something) manufactured by Tokina -- aka "the Bokina"?