Site Sponsors

Thread: nikon micro 4/3 adaptor with tripod mount

Post Thanks / Like

nikon micro 4/3 adaptor with tripod mount

Hi

I have been talking with Ciecio7 about this, but he has as yet been no more than philosophical about the concept. This morning (while looking for something else) I see this one on eBay for Nikon mount. I don't have any Nikon lenses but FD and OM ... may be of interest to some ... it looks as if it does not rotate however.
    Last edited by pellicle; 26th January 2010 at 22:52.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: nikon micro 4/3 adaptor with tripod mount

thanks for mentioning this, pellicle.
    With the 2x crop factor of 4/3, this is a useful accessory for all lenses with FL above 100mm IMHO !

C U,
    Rafael
    E-M1/GH2/G1 Full Spectrum & lots of lenses
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/f6cvalk...th/9226689839/

Subscriber Member Jonathon Delacour's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by pellicle View Post
    Hi

I have been talking with Ciecio7 about this, but he has as yet been no more than philosophical about the concept. This morning (while looking for something else) I see this one on eBay for Nikon mount. I don't have any Nikon lenses but FD and OM ... may be of interest to some ... it looks as if it does not rotate however.
    Except that the adapter you linked to seems to be mis-labelled since the same seller also offers another Nikon to m4/3 adapter -- labelled as Adapter NIKON lens to PANASONIC G1 GF1 OLYMPUS E-P1/P2 -- that looks like this:

This adapter appears to have about the same depth and diameter as my Voigtlander Nikon to m4/3 adapter.

The adapter you pointed to -- labelled as Adapter NIKON lens to PANASONIC G1 GF1 OLYMPUS E-P1/P2 -- looks completely different and has, further down the page, the following description:
    This Adapter will allow to use PENTACON 6 (Kiev 60) lens on PANASONIC G1 /GH1 /GF1 and OLYMPUS E-P1 E-P2.
    Which makes sense because this adapter, with the tripod mount, is so much deeper and wider than one would expect for a Nikon to m4/3 adapter but about the depth and diameter one would expect for a 6x6 lens:

Here's hoping that similar adapters with tripod mounts appear for Nikon, Olympus, Canon, and (for me) Minolta MC/MD mounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Even the text of the linked listing says Pentacon 6. Your average Nikon lens would get lost in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Delacour View Post
    Except that the adapter you linked to seems to be mis-labelled
    drat ... oh well

I just read the stated text and quickly skimmed the page. Sorry to go off half cocked ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hmmm. With a medium format lens you'd have space and coverage for both tilt and shift. But you'd be pretty limited to longer effective focal lengths.

An adapter tripod ring would be excellent. Although I have the native 45mm macro, I just picked up an FD-mount Vivitar Series 1 105mm macro too. It's reasonably heavy and, at 1:1, extends very far outward.
    Best regards,
    John.
    http://jburnett.ca

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"Reasonably heavy" is an understatement (wrt to m4/3rds), John!

The older Series 1 90/2.5 Macro came with a dedicated extender to make it go to 1:1 (as such the 90/2.5 would only go to 1:2) and that extender has a nice built in tripod mount.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    The older Series 1 90/2.5 Macro came with a dedicated extender to make it go to 1:1 (as such the 90/2.5 would only go to 1:2) and that extender has a nice built in tripod mount.
    I was keeping a eye open for a 90mm, but the 105 came along at a reasonable price. The 90 often seems to sell for more, even when the extender is gone. Isn't there some "legendary" version of the 90 (serial numbers beginning with 22 or something) manufactured by Tokina -- aka "the Bokina"?
    Best regards,
    John.
    http://jburnett.ca