Site Sponsors

Thread: Legacy lenses drying up

Post Thanks / Like

Legacy lenses drying up

Olympus OM lenses have become scarcer for sure. And prices have risen on most of them. You used to be able to get the 180mm f2.8 in good condition off Ebay for about $250-$300. Not now. So I bought a Contax 180mm instead. Overall, numbers have diminished for the more desirable ones. If Nikon or Canon produces a mirrorless camera (Nikon has a patent in) then legacy and other lenses will become really scarce! Buy 'em now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Legacy lenses drying up

Maybe I should wait. I have a surplus OM 200mm f/4 and 50mm f/1.4 that I will be listing soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I was shocked what happened to Contax-G glass in the last week! The 45/2 and the 90/2.8 which were abundant on KEH are now completely wiped out.

I noticed the same thing with Olympus OM. I bought all mine in December and when I cashed out a month later I made about 30% profit even after ebay fees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lattiboy View Post
    I was shocked what happened to Contax-G glass in the last week! The 45/2 and the 90/2.8 which were abundant on KEH are now completely wiped out.
    I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Contax-G thread we had going on on this forum the past few weeks talking about the availability of the new adapters, and the quality of the Contax-G lenses =)...