The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Legacy lenses drying up

RichA

Olympus OM lenses have become scarcer for sure. And prices have risen on most of them. You used to be able to get the 180mm f2.8 in good condition off Ebay for about $250-$300. Not now. So I bought a Contax 180mm instead. Overall, numbers have diminished for the more desirable ones. If Nikon or Canon produces a mirrorless camera (Nikon has a patent in) then legacy and other lenses will become really scarce! Buy 'em now!

lattiboy

I was shocked what happened to Contax-G glass in the last week! The 45/2 and the 90/2.8 which were abundant on KEH are now completely wiped out.

I noticed the same thing with Olympus OM. I bought all mine in December and when I cashed out a month later I made about 30% profit even after ebay fees.

photoSmart42

I was shocked what happened to Contax-G glass in the last week! The 45/2 and the 90/2.8 which were abundant on KEH are now completely wiped out.
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Contax-G thread we had going on on this forum the past few weeks talking about the availability of the new adapters, and the quality of the Contax-G lenses =)...