The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Hektor 135/4.0 on the G1

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

some time ago, I bought a Leica Hektor on the evilbay.
But, I found little time to use it so far.

Today, I just shot some orchid pics, that I would like to share with you.
I must admit that I was inspired by Ron Evers thread, and the "handheld shooting" with lenses of FL longer than 90-100 mm.

So, I shot these handheld, both shots wide open and exposure @ 1/40 ans 1/60 resp :rolleyes:

C U,
Rafael

Ron Evers

Rafael
I must admit that I was inspired by Ron Evers thread, and the "handheld shooting" with lenses of FL longer than 90-100 mm.

I rarely shoot outdoors with a tripod as that is too restricting for wildlife shots. Two hands & cheek to steady the camera & I can shoot up to 200mm with fair results. Here is a shot with the 40-200mm on G1 hand-held of a Coyote in our back yard last August @ 200mm. It was just passing through so I only got off two shots before it was gone. This is the better of the two.