Site Sponsors

Thread: Close-up conversion lens

Post Thanks / Like

Close-up conversion lens

Here is an example of a Raynox DCR 150 clipped onto the front of a Minolta 100mm prime. The flower, a geranium, is about 1"/40mm across & I focused on the Pistol. Tripod shot @ f16.

Panasonic G1 & GF1 bodies, Panasonic 14-45, 45-200mm, various Minolta, Pentax, Canon FD, M39 & M42 mount lenses.

pieter

Re: Close-up conversion lens

Lovely shot Ron. However, it's a pistil, not a pistol..... sorry to be pedantic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pieter View Post
    Lovely shot Ron. However, it's a pistil, not a pistol..... sorry to be pedantic.
    I am a poor speller so I checked the web for spelling & found flower parts. Here is the link I got the ol spelling from.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4811803_pa...r-diagram.html

Here is a red geranium shot @ f8:

Panasonic G1 & GF1 bodies, Panasonic 14-45, 45-200mm, various Minolta, Pentax, Canon FD, M39 & M42 mount lenses.

pieter

Ron, wish I had that sort of close-up capability at the moment. I'm waiting for a Rollei SL adapter to arrive so I can use my old Rollei SL35 lenses and extension tubes, can't wait.

BTW, the lady in that article is incorrect. And not just on the issue of pistil, but also on the anther, which she refers to as the antler. Everybody is an expert on the web, the least they can do is get the very basics right. Check Wikipedia, a much better reference source, for things of all manner.
    Last edited by pieter; 31st January 2010 at 17:21.