The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 Raw Converters

toddbee

I was wondering what most are using for this. It seems like CS4 will correct the geometry of the lense in the raw conversions while capture one will not. Wondering what others are using for these wonderful raw files.
thanks

Diane B

I use Lightroom 2.6 for my current work. I occasionally add some to my LR 3.0 beta library, but know that it might not port over when the final version comes out--plus my print module does not function in LR3.0 beta.

I've used LR since 1.0 beta and it does well for my workflow. I did not upgrade to PSCS4 this time--as I have since I started with PS3 (not PSCS3 LOL) becaue LR is now so capable and flexible. From LR 2.6 I can do round trips to CS3 without any issue for further processing--if needed (I do frame my online gallery with an action of mine in PS). I may--or may not buy PSCS5 but plan on upgrading my LR to 3.0 when the final version is available.

Diane

Godfrey

Lightroom 2.6.

I will upgrade to Lightroom 3 when it ships (and upgrade my computer system at the same time, that's going to be an expensive month!).

toddbee

Ill give it a try. been going between cs4 and capture one. seem to lean toward capture one. going to give lightroom a try.
thanks guys

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes and no. It doesn't have any for the Panny pre-built in the database, but it does allow you to create your own corrections manually and save them as presets. You can save distortion, sharpness falloff and light falloff settings with a distinct name, like "Panny 14-45 at 30mm".