The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

4/3s cameras and IQ and Auto focus speed

ptomsu

Workshop Member
For me the best IQ has the EP2, in terms of AF speed it is fast enough for what I need and use it (I do not count this in milliseconds at this camera level).

Olympus has anyway clearly the better color handling and reproduction of high contrast etc compared to Panasonic - at least my observation, and I am clearly NOT an Olympus fan, but here they did their homework right!

Brian Mosley

Other factors to consider... how the camera feels in your hands, how it handles (control placements, user interface), build quality, how it looks, what software will you need to make the most of your image captures (raw converter?)...

Weigh all the factors, and make your own mind up... or find someone who shoots the same kind of subjects you shoot, and ask how they feel about their favourite camera (the one they bought which suits their own personal weighting of the above features).

Finally, if you want to see a good fight between ignorant brand fanatics - take your question and stick it here. :ROTFL:

Cheers

Brian

pellicle

Felix

personally I'd say that the GH1 has the best IQ (by a margin which will almost be invisible) and the AF speed will depend strictly on the lens used rather than the body.

whats your photographic subject matter?

PS I'm seldom so concerned about IQ as everything after a 10D has been fine by me and AF speed ... well sometimes it helps, and sometimes it just hurts. Fastest lock on to the wrong place you've ever had.

Jonas

I think felix5616 is asking about 4/3 cameras... we are so used to speak about µ4/3 cameras here. (And that's all I can say. It's a long time ago I used any 4/3 camera.)

pellicle

Jonas ... thanks for the pointer

well, I'll still stick with what I wrote above, but add that a SWD lens will make the difference