The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-PL1 Sample images available - your thoughts?

vincechu

In my opinion the colours seem a little more saturated in comparision to the E-P1/E-P2 (but only slighlty) and much more saturated than the Panasonics which tend to be more "neutral" and I quite like it - this might be a result of the new "iColour" mode I guess? I also think the Panasonics capture abit more detail

But I can't be sure of any of these without carrying out a fair comparision - photographing the same subject using same settings etc.

Tullio

I found nothing special about those sample images. Nothing that the EP1/EP2/G1/GH1/GFS1 can't do.

photoSmart42

I found nothing special about those sample images. Nothing that the EP1/EP2/G1/GH1/GFS1 can't do.
Those cameras can't do all that for the price of the E-PL1, which is the main selling point of that camera. From that respect, it's a good thing that a camera that seems to cost at least $200 less can take similar quality photos AND still has the option for interchangeable lenses. Consider it a very, very entry-level DSLR I guess =).

P

peter42y

i dont enjoy colours thar are too saturated.
it looks the epl1 is a nice camera. what is preventing me to buying it is exactly the colour issue.
i prefer the colours of the sony pictures.
bellow.
epl1 sample and same picture as i believe it should be.

greypilgrim

Shoot raw and process them how you want.

I seriously doubt that a raw to raw comparison will show much difference between it and the EP1/EP2.

Doug

Tullio

i dont enjoy colours thar are too saturated.
it looks the epl1 is a nice camera. what is preventing me to buying it is exactly the colour issue....
There are several ways one can reduce color saturation. Some people may set their cameras to Vivid mode Saturation +2. If you choose Natural (Standard) with Saturation -1 or even -2 or Muted, colors are much much less saturated. The EPnn also offer Art filters that reduce both saturation and sharpness.

Brian Mosley

Peter42y, when I took that picture (thanks for the credit by the way :wtf:) the scene looked more like the one on the left.

How you can say the one on the right is more realistic escapes me.

Cheers

Brian