Site Sponsors

Thread: Tilt adaptor and shrooms

Post Thanks / Like

Tilt adaptor and shrooms

Also from this past weekend, here are a couple mushroom shots from Henry Cowell State Park. These are taken with my tilt adaptor, Nikkor 20mm f3.5 and K-1 extension ring. The 20 and the tilt seem to be a perfect match, and along with the extension ring, you get some interesting closeup potential.

These mushrooms are tiny. The first was about as tall as a quarter standing on edge. The second is smaller than a dime.

The first caught my eye, and as I was setting up my shot, I saw this shiny green thing which I expected to be a banana slug (common in the area). I was surprised to see it was a mushroom as well.

Enjoy,

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tilt adaptor and shrooms

Wow, VERY nice work. Could you tell me where you picked up your adapter? A link perhaps?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I dig the slimy green mushroom shot.

Post Thanks / Like

The mushroom in the first shot is soft & I find my eye drawn to the fern-like leaf coming out of the lower right corner.
    Panasonic G1 & GF1 bodies, Panasonic 14-45, 45-200mm, various Minolta, Pentax, Canon FD, M39 & M42 mount lenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug, you make me anxious to get one for myself. I occasionally watch his site--and remember that Pellicle mentioned that RJ/jinfinace might also have a tilt (or TS) adaptor.

You and I both like 'shrooms I guess LOL--this is one from late 2008 before I got my m43/rds. Its from 5D/45 f/2.8 TS (which I CAN shoot with on my m4/3rds but its long for most of my shooting on m4/3rds) with lens rotated.

Keep showing us what you are doing with this lens--I'm enjoying it.

Diane

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diane B View Post
    Doug, you make me anxious to get one for myself. I occasionally watch his site--and remember that Pellicle mentioned that RJ/jinfinace might also have a tilt (or TS) adaptor.

You and I both like 'shrooms I guess LOL--this is one from late 2008 before I got my m43/rds. Its from 5D/45 f/2.8 TS (which I CAN shoot with on my m4/3rds but its long for most of my shooting on m4/3rds) with lens rotated.

Diane
    RJ said in a couple of weeks, but I think the Chinese may still be celebrating the New Year (everything shuts down for at least a week or two).
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Carl,

Your IR print on wrapped canvas is really lovely.

Diane

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Carl,

Your IR print on wrapped canvas is really lovely.

Diane
    Thank you Diane.
    Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Diane
    Diane,
    'Shrooms are hard for me to pass up. There is just something about them that makes me stop and shoot.

I really like your image, especially how you have set the focus. I am going to have to get more adventuresome with the focus. I am still tending to be too conservative with it.

The RJ adapter will be interesting, especially if it can shift as well. Course, I've recently blown my budget with the 7-14 and 20 (even at a discount, most of my discretionary funds...). I need to sell of some unused (unloved ) equipment...

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evers View Post
    The mushroom in the first shot is soft & I find my eye drawn to the fern-like leaf coming out of the lower right corner.
    Ron,
    Well, I hate to say it, but that is what that particular mushroom is like; looking at the full image, it is "sharp"; it is just a soft surface. I could play with some localized contrast to see what I can pull out, but it gets over processed pretty fast.

I was actually trying (via tilt) to bring that tiny branch into focus (missed its tip by a bit) as I liked its angle up to the mushroom... So, it looks like I got your attention, but in the wrong way, oh well...

Thanks for the feedback,

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lattiboy View Post
    Wow, VERY nice work. Could you tell me where you picked up your adapter? A link perhaps?
    Here's the link:

http://www.adrianololli.com/articolo.asp?ID=3107

For more info, I've had a couple other threads about this adapter on the forum...

Doug

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I dig the slimy green mushroom shot.
    Vivek,
    Thanks, by the way, you were spot on when you said the 20mm was my best bet for the tilt adapter. Pretty much welded together .

Doug