The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adapter Help

codocee

OK,
I broke down and bought a G1 body only and now want to try a few of my Nikon and Olympus OM lens. I tried a search for adapters but but can't sort out the quality differences. I saw around $200 for a Novoflex but am wondering if there is a cheaper alternative. Is there in fact a great difference in the quality of these adapters. Any direction to decent adapters would be appreciated. My apologies if this has been beaten to death as I would sincerely appreciate any links to this topic as well.:banghead:

pellicle

personally I feel there are few real differences between the range. I'd start with a cheapie and if you learn what it is you don't like then its been a low cost lesson.

I bought a RJ Camera OM adaptor and its fine I bought my first adaptor back in mid 2009 and I've used and tested a few.

the worst you can get is a lack of infinity focus

Tullio

I've bought two adapters (Pentax K and Canon FD mounts), the cheapest I could find on eBay. They came from different sellers but both are sturdy (aluminum made) and the fitting is right, both on the cameras (G1 and EP1) and lens. Since there is no glass involved, the most important thing is the fitting.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I agree with Pellicle - try the cheapest first. I've had no trouble with my low cost adapters. I did have trouble when buying the "first out" in the early days, but there are so many suppliers now, things have cleaned up.

Keith

K

klythawk

Have a look here, very good adapters at very cheap prices. Had five different ones from him, no problems at all. :thumbup:

John.

D

duckrider

take care for the little pin for fixing the lens. It should not be rounded like my one shown here.
Because of the rounded surface the lens is not really fixed but sits wobbly.

kind regards
Thomas

pellicle

take care for the little pin for fixing the lens. It should not be rounded like my one shown here.
out of interest, what is that mount?

I have Canon FD and Olympus in legacy lenses but they don't have such pins. (although my EF mount does I don't have an adaptor)

I notice some small play in all my mounts and with extra surfaces involved its sort of expect able ... never been any problem however

Tullio

I have an adapter just like that (Pentax mount) and it works fine. You just need to make sure the pin actually clicks on the lens. Then it stays firm.

K

klythawk

Because of the rounded surface the lens is not really fixed but sits wobbly.

kind regards
Thomas
Hi

Would just like to confirm that that the small locking pin on the Pentax adapter from Rainbow Imaging has a very, very shallow radius on it's end, it is almost flat. Once the lens is fitted there is no movement at all, very secure. :thumbup:

John.