The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EPL-1 as a street camera.

jsnack

I've had the urge lately to pick up the new EPL-1, weld the 17mm lens to it, set it to shoot in B&W in aperture priority mode...and just use it as a street camera. The price seems right.

Anyone have any experience with this camera yet?

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
It should set up like an EP1.
Do you have the finder with the 17?

I have......
fn button......LCD on/off
AF to AEL button
Lens reset ... Off/no
power off .... Off

then just hit the AEL button to focus at your desired distance
hit the fn button to turn off the screen
use A mode maybe auto ISO
make photos...
If you need AF, just hit the button

Brian Mosley

Could be a killer cam for shooting with legacy lenses - having IBIS, flexible exposure (i.e. Shutter priority with Auto ISO, controlling Aperture on the lens barrel, retaining EV compensation) and one touch MF assist zoom + slot for high res EVF.

Sweet.

Cheers

Brian

retow

Could be a killer cam for shooting with legacy lenses - having IBIS, flexible exposure (i.e. Shutter priority with Auto ISO, controlling Aperture on the lens barrel, retaining EV compensation) and one touch MF assist zoom + slot for high res EVF.

Sweet.

Cheers

Brian
Would there be anything different than with the EP2?