The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Looks like the leaks are starting G2/G10

Terry

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34705765

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=34705424

Some of the links on the in the second thread are broken but you can get good info.

A week or two ago when the touch screen info was leaking out I was very skeptical. However it seems like they may have implemented it similar to an iPhone which could be very cool.

The G10 seems to be lacking the articulated LCD (which is very useful) but it may be thinner than the G1 (approaching GF1) but with a grip and viewfinder.

It seems pretty clear the big news this year will come later for Photokina where a GH2 is expected.

photoSmart42

Odd that the G2 comes with a 14-42 lens, not the regular 14-45 lens from the G1 kit. Wonder if it's a new lens specifically optimized for video like the 14-140.

Other than that, it's pretty exciting news! I think Panasonic is finally starting to get the fact that these are fully electronic media devices, so there's no reason not to treat them as such (by adding the touch screen for example). If this is the G2, I can't wait for the GH2! Hopefully shutter-less and with an improved sensor/processor to reduce noise and increase capture frame rate, and I may just replace my GH1 with it.

V

Vivek

I think the finger and the info would show in the EVF, Hudson. ;):D

Terry

What is odd about the picture and lens is the lack of a switch to turn off the OIS.

V

Vivek

What is odd about the picture and lens is the lack of a switch to turn off the OIS.
May be you can touch the screen to turn it off? If a lens can be focused by wire and aperture controlled, it should not be a big deal to turn off the OIS through the cam.

photoSmart42

May be you can touch the screen to turn it off? If a lens can be focused by wire and aperture controlled, it should not be a big deal to turn off the OIS through the cam.
Either that, or perhaps an un-announced in-camera OIS? That would be sweet! Although I guess they'd mention that if it were true...

Y.B.Hudson III

EeK... I loved the wheel for quick exposure compens@tion. I know instead of fingers you can use your nose to make the adjustment...that will free up fingers to focus my 50 yr old lens:ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Either that, or perhaps an un-announced in-camera OIS? That would be sweet! Although I guess they'd mention that if it were true...
Then the lens would not say what it says.

I also do not like the wheel rearrangement. That ain't a big deal actually.

If Pana brings a cam saying G2, it better be really G2 and not a G1 with gimmicks.

Winkel

Interesting to see that, aesthetically, not much has changed from the G1... I would love a "one-touch" magnification for manual lenses but haven't seen anything yet while sifting through the information. Regardless, it's very tempting for those without a G1!!

Jim

monza

OK, teasers, then release. But when will they actually be available? Pana doesn't really have a stellar track record in this regard. Don't go selling your G1s and GH1s quite yet!

V

Vivek

OK, teasers, then release. But when will they actually be available? Pana doesn't really have a stellar track record in this regard. Don't go selling your G1s and GH1s quite yet!
I think it is much MUCH better than Samsung's. :ROTFL:

photoSmart42

I suspect we'll see Japan-only models (unless Pana decided to make the GUI language selectable/upgradeable) popping up on eBay with the usual 50% mark-up soon after the launch. I would think they'd be available in the U.S. right around May-ish. I'm guessing the G2 will sell for about $899 with the kit lens, and the G10 will be around $749 with the kit lens.