The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need just a little more light?

Ron Evers

Need just a little more light than the pop-up flash gives you? Factory Direct have these little Zeikos slave flashes for sale @ $14.99. They come with the bracket & shoe but I changed the shoe to a swivel one so as to bounce the flash off the ceiling. They do not report a guide # but I think it is about equivalent to the pop-up so in effect doubles the flash when used on camera. It has four flash settings to match the pre-flashes of the camera (#3 works for the G1). It is a cool little device for the price & works like a charm.

Link to the ad:

http://www.factorydirect.ca/catalog/product_spec.php?pcode=FL1200

Ron,

Simply curious. Why did you not mount it so the flash was above the lens when you turn the camera on its side?

Tony

Ron Evers

Ron,

Simply curious. Why did you not mount it so the flash was above the lens when you turn the camera on its side?

Tony
It would only take a few seconds to change the orientation if needed. Besides, I would have no trouble tipping the camera to have the flash above as it is mounted here.

Ron,

How are you getting on with this?

Do you find that you can alter the total amount of flash by tinkering with the flash exposure of the pop up.

I'm looking hard for a really small flash. That 220 is quite expensive and still quite large. And, if one uses it on a side bar there is then the extra cost of the cable.

Boosting the internal with a slave is a smart idea.

Tony