The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF1 Camera

felix5616

I will be getting a GF1 next week. Which screen protector are people using> are after market batteries OK? what 1:1 macro options are there?
thanks, leo

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Leo,
The best macro lens I have tried is the Pana-Leica 45mm macro.
I have tried the Screen Patronis with mixed success.
No experience, however, with after-market batteries, and in general I avoid them.
-bob

Rich M

Another one is the all glass GGS.....get it on the auction site.....pretty cheap. Ships from HK.

Lots of good manual focus macro lenses out there, but the most versatile is the PL 45/2.8.

R

J

jedperkins

Another one is the all glass GGS.....get it on the auction site.....pretty cheap. Ships from HK.

Lots of good manual focus macro lenses out there, but the most versatile is the PL 45/2.8.

R
Here's a second vote for the GGS

Jed

ggibson

If you're getting the 20mm lens, you can reverse it and it performs very well for macros. Just pick up an adapter off of ebay (I got a 52mm reverse adapter + 46-->52mm step up).

D

duckrider

& here's a third vote for the glass screen protector ;)
Since I use it, I'm not worrying any more 'bout scratches on the screen!

Be careful about aftermarket batteries, they need to be market BLB13-2 Replacement; minus two on the last digit seems to be important, other ones do not work on my (german-version) GF1.

If You purchase the reverse ring mFT / 52mm (rteally a bargain) You'll be able to adapt any 52mm thread lens, the shorter focus length, the greater magnificatioopn scale.

kind regards
Thomas