The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

JJC TM Remote Control - Interval timer for G1

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

a few months ago, I bought a remote control cq interval timer from JJC, type TM.

I was not able to make it work reliably, sometimes it triggers, sometimes it doesn't. And I cannot figure out why ???

In the mean time, I lost the original User Manual, so I can't even find the necessary settings anymore.

Does anybody here use this RC ? Have any tips on settings, for native and for adapted lenses ?

Could anybody post a digital copy of the user manual ?

TIA,
Rafael

m3photo

Re: JJC Remote Controls

Hi,

a few months ago, I bought a remote control cq interval timer from JJC, type TM.

I was not able to make it work reliably, sometimes it triggers, sometimes it doesn't. And I cannot figure out why ???

In the mean time, I lost the original User Manual, so I can't even find the necessary settings anymore.
I fell for this one too. $19.95 and it never worked. Sent them an email and they'd replace it all right but only if I sent the first one back - Mail costs: around $25. Result: bin it and learn.
You're lucky yours even worked some of the time.

Don't you just love it when their bumf says, and I quote:

"We believe that best quality and top-class
company originate from profession and service"

And:

"Consumers are God. JJC have set up a perfect after-sale service during years' development. Now we have the excellent after-sale service center. We always supply local and professional service to our customers."

Shame it's all ****.

Then their manual says it has a "BLUB" (sic) mode!

Anyway, their "Support" link doesn't take you anywhere (surprise, surprise), so no downloadable manuals - in any case there's only one way you can plug it in and there are only a couple of switch combinations - trying them all (and having to buy a new button battery, as the one they send is depleted) is pretty straightforward if the unit works of course.

Here's the link to the corresponding model if this helps in any way:

http://www.jjc.cc/products/JR-D.htm

f6cvalkyrie

Thanks, Michael, your experience confirms my worst fears :mad:

You wouldn't have the leaflet that was in the box with yours, would you ?
That you could scan ?

Otherwise, I will bin it as well, that will be the first time I have bought a non-working item on the evilbay. I hope this won't start a habit :(

And it leaves us with another problem : which RC cq timer to choose ?
I have an idea/project for a timelapse that I want to shoot in the next day, but, without reliable timer ..... :cool:

C U,
Rafael

m3photo

Re: Leaflet

You wouldn't have the leaflet that was in the box with yours, would you ?
That you could scan ?
I still have it. Mind you, it's the one I linked you to - just the wireless remote, not a timer. If this is the one you need, tell me and I will send you a PM once I get it scanned (no scanner as such; I'll have to take shots of it and send you jpegs).

MRfanny

I got my JJC timer a couple weeks ago. works perfectly fine for me first go although I paid $50AUD for it not $19US. Simple overview of controls. I may be pointing out the obvious but is the plug completely inserted into the jack?

DE(delay) - sets the delay time before it starts shooting
BU(bulb) - exposure time (gotta set your camera to bulb mode)
INT(interval) - time between shots
N(exposures) - 1-399 shots or -- for unlimited

Wait, are we talking about the intervoltmeter or just a remote trigger?

f6cvalkyrie

I have problems with the intervalometer, MrFanny !
Would you still have a copy of your instructions leaflet that you could scan ?

C U,
Rafael

wjlapier

I have the same intervalometer. I'll scan the instructions and send them to you. FWIW, mine worked fine last time I used it.

Send me your email address, if someone hasn't already sent you a copy.

f6cvalkyrie

Thanks, Bill, I received your mail well !
And thanks for offering, MrFanny !

Have a nice day, and a weekend full of shooting lovely spring (or autumn, if you live down under) pics :D

Rafael