The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Crazy Idea

jonoslack

:)
Thanks Godfrey - perfect - I couldn't agree more.

the trouble is that not buying new gear is the same as:

Not eating that chocolate biscuit

Not having that 4th baby

Not buying that new car

No . . . (the right answer) is always temporary, but Yes is always final!

Diane B

Thanks Godfrey. I hadn't looked at his blog in a good while and I enjoyed it LOL. Jono--I just really like your 'list' of similes--and have to remember that ' yes' is always final *smile*.

Diane

Lisa

I like it! Doesn't sound so crazy to me...

(Then again, I get accustomed to my old gear and rarely have any desire for anything new - new gear just means spending more time getting enough accustomed to it to use it as well as I used the old stuff...)

Lisa

jonoslack

new gear just means spending more time getting enough accustomed to it to use it as well as I used the old stuff...

Lisa
Lisa, you are so sensible . . I wish I was that sensible! :cry:

I really liked the article as well.

all the best

P.S. Lisa - I've been looking at your travel pictures - such wonderful stuff (you do get around!) :clap:

Last edited:

ggibson

It's a good lesson! I didn't have this problem when I didn't own a camera with interchangeable lenses. :)

Lisa

P.S. Lisa - I've been looking at your travel pictures - such wonderful stuff (you do get around!)
Thanks for the kind words, Jono! Yes, photography and traveling interesting places are my major hobbies. They go very well together.:D

Unfortunately, I've been traveling so much lately that I'm about three trips behind on getting the photos processed & posted...but first I need to spend more time with my new GH-1 (which I got a couple of months ago) to get comfortable with using it well...

Lisa