The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Late to the micro 4/3 party

abry

After reading here for a long time, at last I bought a G1. So far very pleased, though still working out how to shoot with Nikon-fit lenses. Am attempting to show a photo.

A

Abbazz

After reading here for a long time, at last I bought a G1. So far very pleased, though still working out how to shoot with Nikon-fit lenses. Am attempting to show a photo.
Congrats on the G1. The lens looks like the Cosina reissue of the legendary 58/1.4 Topcor. I would be very interested to see some pictures taken with this lens on the G1, if you manage to make the lens work on your new camera.;)

Cheers!

Abbazz

abry

Abbazz - you're absolutely right. I believe the lens then morphed into the Voigtlander branded version made by Cosina which I believe they still manufacture. The virtual inability to focus this lens, and a couple of other ai-s mount lenses, on my Nikon D200/D40, was the prime reason for my buying a G1. Manual focus is vastly improved though I'm still acclimatising to the different field of view and trying to work out how significant for me are the different dof characteristics.
I'll post some photos in due course.
Alan