Site Sponsors

Thread: Late to the micro 4/3 party

Post Thanks / Like

Late to the micro 4/3 party

After reading here for a long time, at last I bought a G1. So far very pleased, though still working out how to shoot with Nikon-fit lenses. Am attempting to show a photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Late to the micro 4/3 party

the lens looks beautiful on that

Abbazz

Quote Originally Posted by abry View Post
    After reading here for a long time, at last I bought a G1. So far very pleased, though still working out how to shoot with Nikon-fit lenses. Am attempting to show a photo.
    Congrats on the G1. The lens looks like the Cosina reissue of the legendary 58/1.4 Topcor. I would be very interested to see some pictures taken with this lens on the G1, if you manage to make the lens work on your new camera.

Cheers!

Abbazz

Post Thanks / Like

Abbazz - you're absolutely right. I believe the lens then morphed into the Voigtlander branded version made by Cosina which I believe they still manufacture. The virtual inability to focus this lens, and a couple of other ai-s mount lenses, on my Nikon D200/D40, was the prime reason for my buying a G1. Manual focus is vastly improved though I'm still acclimatising to the different field of view and trying to work out how significant for me are the different dof characteristics.
    I'll post some photos in due course.
    Alan