The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

e-p2 settings

dipgang

Am still figuring out the ideal menu settings for the ep2 to get the from a noise reduction, color , wb and other fundamental quality image making settings ? Would really appreciate if folks could share their own settings which give them the best results (I know its the subjective). BTW, I usually shoot jpeg

dipankar:salute:

paparazzi666

wow this is a tough question.
it all depends on your subject.
i shoot portraits so i prefer to tone down sharpness and contrast, preferring to leave everything in the middle ground.
the more contrast/sharpness/saturation you set in camera, the more detail is loss and cannot be recovered in post processing.
however, if you dont like to post process, then use the art filters on the ep2.
i regularly use pinhole, grainy bw, soft focus, pop art and light tone.
i use light tone when taking portraits in contrasty situations, it helps to keep all the details in without blowing highlights or shadows.