The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Took the PL 45/2.8 for a walk.

RonSmith

I found a couple of dry hours yesterday afternoon and went to walk around the grounds at Cranbrook House and Gardens in Bloomfield Hills, just a few miles from where I live. I took both my G1 and GF1 and a few lenses. I had my new PL45/2.8 on the G1, while the GF1 wore the 20/1.7 mostly and the 14-45 too.

Here are some samples taken with the PL45. Others can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronssmith/sets/72157623847794875/.

So far, I think I like the 45. I may not be the sharpest macro/fastest portrait/etc. lens ever made, but I think it justifies the space it takes in my Domke.

biglouis

Ron, great pictures. I also own one. I think you'll find as you use it more you'll like it even more. I've found that stopping down is the key for close macro shots and the results can be very rewarding. You can see some examples of the PL 45 in my Flikr stream (flowers).

RonSmith

Thank you, Louis. Your flowers are beautiful.

I had neither a tripod nor decent lighting yesterday, so the few flowers I saw weren't terribly well done.

Terry

Ron,
These look nice. I also like the 45macro.
My ultra small travel kit is the GF1 + 20mm + 45 macro.

scho

I found a couple of dry hours yesterday afternoon and went to walk around the grounds at Cranbrook House and Gardens in Bloomfield Hills, just a few miles from where I live. I took both my G1 and GF1 and a few lenses. I had my new PL45/2.8 on the G1, while the GF1 wore the 20/1.7 mostly and the 14-45 too.

Here are some samples taken with the PL45. Others can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronssmith/sets/72157623847794875/.

So far, I think I like the 45. I may not be the sharpest macro/fastest portrait/etc. lens ever made, but I think it justifies the space it takes in my Domke.
Ron,
Very nice work with the PL45. The 20/45 is a nice combo to carry around.

RonSmith

Terry and Carl, thank you both.

I do like the 20/45 combo. I think the 14 prime will make a great small kit.