Site Sponsors

Thread: MF Zoom Assist

richie15

MF Zoom Assist

I have both a GF1 and G1 and enjoy using MF lenses.

On the GF1 I can depress the thumb wheel and this acts as a zoom which helps me get exact focus. I have tried looking for the same setting on the G1 but cant find out how to activate this. Is this feature on the G1 or is this something which is just on the GF1?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF Zoom Assist

Sometimes it actually DOES help to read the manual =). In my GH1 manual, they describe the manual focus assist (MF Assist) function on page 80. I don't know the page number for the G1.

"MF ASSIST
    If [MF ASSIST] (P129) of [CUSTOM MENU] menu is set to [OFF], an enlarged screen will
    not be displayed as MF assist, even if focus ring is rotated. To display the MF assist, press < and then press [MENU/SET] for enlarged display."
    -Dragos
    Panasonic GH1/G1, Canon FTb(n)/F-1, Mamiya C330F/RB67 Pro SD, Chamonix 45N-2, Nikon F5 + Assorted Lenses

richie15

Quote Originally Posted by photoSmart42 View Post
    Sometimes it actually DOES help to read the manual =). In my GH1 manual, they describe the manual focus assist (MF Assist) function on page 80. I don't know the page number for the G1.

"MF ASSIST
    If [MF ASSIST] (P129) of [CUSTOM MENU] menu is set to [OFF], an enlarged screen will
    not be displayed as MF assist, even if focus ring is rotated. To display the MF assist, press < and then press [MENU/SET] for enlarged display."
    mmm, slightly different to the GF1 but thanks works all the same.

Post Thanks / Like

You can develop a quite fast solution for this by using the left-side of your thumb to hit the left button and the rolling your thumb onto the middle button. I think all of us are hoping that Panny will eventually implement this into the G1 & GH1 firmware though.

Cheers,